Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #31
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience with the T3. I'm glad you are enjoying your new ereader. For me, it looks as though I will be staying with a front lit device as I really like more contrast, but only as long as you can't even tell the light is on.
The same for me, I hope new kindle paperwhite will have whiter screen with light off. The screen of Actually paperwhite is very grey with this condition.

: Thumbsup:
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #32
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
Closed = very nice
Opened= not so nice
What about holding the Reader in one hand with the cover open, but NOT folded behind? That is, with the cover open about 130 degrees. Like you could hold a paperback book open in your left hand without folding it back.

I'm wondering if the cover spine is sturdy enough for that, or if it feels like you might drop it because it's too wobbly.

This is how I often hold my PRS-350. I never fold the cover back.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #33
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
What about holding the Reader in one hand with the cover open, but NOT folded behind? That is, with the cover open about 130 degrees. Like you could hold a paperback book open in your left hand without folding it back.

I'm wondering if the cover spine is sturdy enough for that, or if it feels like you might drop it because it's too wobbly.

This is how I often hold my PRS-350. I never fold the cover back.
That is how I held my PRS-350. My T1 with a lighted cover has the same kind of plastic hinge on the lighted cover. I always fold it back because the thin plastic cuts into my hand.

If I get one I will probably surgically remove the front part of the cover.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #34
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsheart View Post
I got my Sony PRS-T3 today, first impression is very good. To my eyes the background is slightly whiter than that of Paperwhite and Kobo Glo, and significantly whiter that Kobo Aura HD's (the screen of my Aura HD is almost dark gray, really dissappointed in there...).
Pictures please.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #35
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Thanks for the vid.

The T3 is so compact! Amazing design. If Sony had put a front-light on this, they could have cleaned up. Ah, Sony...
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #36
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
The cover design of this device is really cool.
I so agree. So love the cover
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #37
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
I'm the one who took the video. Thanks for commenting!

Since I'm visiting mobileread regularly (of course !), I took another quick video in english, just for you guys

It's a little shorter, but overall shows the same things. Please ignore any grammar mistakes I made (and the accent :P) - I'm not used to speak english

If you have any further questions, just ask.
thank you very much for your video reviews of the T3.

Karma on its way!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #38
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsheart View Post
I got my Sony PRS-T3 today, first impression is very good. To my eyes the background is slightly whiter than that of Paperwhite and Kobo Glo, and significantly whiter that Kobo Aura HD's (the screen of my Aura HD is almost dark gray, really dissappointed in there...).
It is a very interesting and cool reader. I might upgrade my 650 to this. However, can anyone clarify the following: (i) does it support full unicode font(for Vietnamese at least), (ii) when will it be available in the United States?

Thanks
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks for the video. I'm thinking of waiting for a sale and getting one for proofreading. The Kobo Aura HD is too clumsy for highlighting and not reliable for the purpose, though it is very nice for just reading on.

Hubby is also very interested in the new Sony, so nice to see it in action.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #40
linereader
Enthusiast
linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.linereader taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: none
Quote:
I'm the one who took the video. Thanks for commenting!

Since I'm visiting mobileread regularly (of course !), I took another quick video in english, just for you guys
Thanks for your great review. If I'm not mistaken it looks like the battery might be easier to replace when the time comes (exposed screws on the back).
linereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #41
Isabell
Isabell began at the beginning.

Device: PRST3
Thank you CME for the review in English. Did you happen to see the other version of PRST3, with the retractable light?

I have seen it on photos but not sure how does something that looks curved from the front, retracts into the cover that is straight/flat??
Isabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #42
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
The cover design is not bad, but rather awkward when opened as the video showed. I think that is sloppy design. A simple magnet at the back could have solved the problem.

I was surprised by the fact that the background of the T3 was a tad more grey than the T2.

Also the fact that the T3 has virtually nothing more to offer than the T2 but improved res and the cover design is... not just disappointing...not just shocking... it is truly embarrassing.

Of course there is no front light. Enough said about that.

Virtually nothing improved on the software side.

As the reviewer said, one can simply skip this model.

The evolutionary progress between the t1 - t2 - t3 is so miniscule that it is totally justified to call it stagnation. And in this business stagnation equals extinction.

Sony dropped the ball... again.
I think somebody at Sony should be sacked for this.
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #43
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post

Also the fact that the T3 has virtually nothing more to offer than the T2 but improved res and the cover design is... not just disappointing...not just shocking... it is truly embarrassing.
It has hyphenation, which is far more important to me than front light or the cover.

I'll buy it when it eventually gets to Australia.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:35 AM   #44
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
It has hyphenation, which is far more important to me than front light or the cover.

I'll buy it when it eventually gets to Australia.
When you say 'hyphenation' what do you mean?

Do you mean like '-' a hyphen between 2 words, or when a word breaks over between 2 lines for example.

Or something else?

And doesn't that already happen (gee, to ask that question I reckon I'm pretty unobservant, but there you go, I've never noticed )
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #45
alvina
Connoisseur
alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Is this really true that you can't deactivate hyphenation with the current T3 firmware? Hyphenation may work with english but with other languages it may cause problems. Even if the database is quite large, some languages will always cause problems.

I'd accept the price of 190 Euros (with the lighted cover), but I won't accept hyphenation. There should be an option to deactivate it with a future firmware update.

I like the new option to see the four books that I've opend recently on the home screen a lot. I hope people that use the T1 and T2 will get this with a firmware update, too.
alvina is offline   Reply With Quote