Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
pocoreader
pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Title not available in Canada?

I am trying to get an ebook of Juliet Naked by Nick Hornby but am having no luck. Could be there is no ebook edition; could be available only in US or Britain; could be Amazon has fumbled the ball and there is no ebook. Can anyone enlighten me? Better, can anyone find me an ebook of Juliet Naked?
Thanks.
pocoreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocoreader View Post
I am trying to get an ebook of Juliet Naked by Nick Hornby but am having no luck. Could be there is no ebook edition; could be available only in US or Britain; could be Amazon has fumbled the ball and there is no ebook. Can anyone enlighten me? Better, can anyone find me an ebook of Juliet Naked?
Thanks.
The ebook is available in the US. Alas, it's published by Penguin...they seem to be particularly difficult. If you were to "move" to the US, the book can be purchased for US$9.99.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
In Canada, it's available as an epub at kobobooks.com: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Julie...GLg/page1.html Current price is $10.99. That's $7+ cheaper than the paperback in a bricks and mortar store.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocoreader View Post
Thanks.
Looks like you have two choices, pocoreader: "Move" to the US for Amazon, or buy from Kobo. Personally, I keep my Amazon account set for the US, and my Kobo account for Canada, since this gives me the greater flexibility for my Amazon account, while continuing to give me access to Canadian content.

(Obviously, any books you buy from Kobo need DRM removed so that you can convert them to Kindle format, but this is trivial -- Apprentice Alf is our friend. My normal workflow for any book I buy is to first liberate it so that I can protect my investment. )
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
It also appears available to Canadians in Nook Book format here for $9.99 ... but that's epub with B&N DRM. Can't be read directly on either a Kindle or a Kobo.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote