Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
hidden.platypus
Connoisseur
hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android
Move Footnote text above Footnotes after Conversion

I've been doing this more and more recently.

Converting a textbook or whitepaper that has footnotes so I can read on my tablet.

I notice when Calibre converts a book from docx it puts [<- 1] (1 being the footnote number) and then the footnote text below it.

Footnote text doesn't show up on Google Play Books. Only the [<- 1] shows up in the pop up. If I move the text above the [<- 1], then all the text shows up in the pop up including the [<- 1].

I recently did a book with 103 footnotes. That was not fun. Moving all the footnote text manually above the [<- 1]

Is there a way to move the footnote text to above the [<- 1] via regex or some other method?

Appreciate the assistance.

Note: popups will work on Moon+ Reader irrespective of whether the text is above or below the [<- 1]

Last edited by hidden.platypus; 10-10-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Typo
hidden.platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no automated way of doing it. Though you might be able to cook up something with the funtion mode search and replace features in the editor. Why not just use a better EPUB reader on your tablet?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
hidden.platypus
Connoisseur
hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android
I'll explore both methods.

Thank you.
hidden.platypus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, footnote, regex