Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 05:40 AM   #76
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
My estimated delivery is within the next hour and a half - but my FedEx tracking page still only has the "Package data transmitted to FedEx" entry from 24 hours ago

Either it hasn't budged and is sitting with it's feet up, still in France; or the web page isn't being updated.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:50 AM   #77
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingdon View Post
I went back to one of the older posts with pictures of the brown/tan cover. There are a couple of differences besides color when compared to the black cover I received: The brown cover doesn't appear to have the pen-holder or inside front-cover pockets. The black cover has a cut-out over the LED. There is also no Cybook logo embossed on the outside front cover. The black cover has a closure: there is a black leather strip that slides into a pocket on the front. I didn't see one on the brown cover pictures.
Did you order the leather cover with your CyBook? I ordered the "Deluxe" pack - perhaps you only get the tan cover with that? The tan cover has a magnetic closure, by the way. Works fine, and improves with usage as the leather gets softer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #78
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Cybook is overdue; so I rang FedEx and they say they have no record of ever having it handed over to them. The tracking number I was sent is duff apparently, which is why the web page isn't showing any updates.

They say I have to contact Bookeen to see what's happened to it. I hate it when stuff like this happens.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 AM   #79
dainys
dainys began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook G3-> PB 360-> PB Pro 902 (preordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
My Cybook is overdue; so I rang FedEx and they say they have no record of ever having it handed over to them. The tracking number I was sent is duff apparently, which is why the web page isn't showing any updates.

They say I have to contact Bookeen to see what's happened to it. I hate it when stuff like this happens.
The same with my order. FedEx page show "Package data transmitted to FedEx", estimated delivery time next hour. I rang to local FedEx office, they say they didn't get my parcel yet
dainys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #80
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Quote:

awwwww hope you're able to get it sorted out quickly! .. how frustrating! .. usually that kind of thing happens to me! ..

keep us updated

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #81
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dainys View Post
The same with my order. FedEx page show "Package data transmitted to FedEx", estimated delivery time next hour. I rang to local FedEx office, they say they didn't get my parcel yet
mine stuck on 'package date transmitted to FedEx' for a long time and then suddenly three things happened at once! ..

hoping it gets sorted out soon!

Loopy
Old 12-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #82
dhcalva
Enthusiast
dhcalva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Maybe they're assigning numbers to all the packages and it just hasn't shipped yet. We've been known to do that where work when something is going out in a day or so, getting all the shipping labels printed and put on the boxes beforehand.

As for me, mine shipped on the 11th. They tried to deliver it in OH yesterday, but I wasn't home so they left a door hanger on my door. I should get it today.
dhcalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #83
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Did you order the leather cover with your CyBook? I ordered the "Deluxe" pack - perhaps you only get the tan cover with that? The tan cover has a magnetic closure, by the way. Works fine, and improves with usage as the leather gets softer.
I did order the "Deluxe" pack. The magnetic closure sounds keen. It's probably a little less "in the way" when reading than is my cover's leather closure-strap.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #84
Ottawa411
Ottawa411 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150\Bookeen Cybook Gen3
9:14 AM Int'l shipment release OTTAWA, ON

It is getting close!

I think I would be happy with either cover. I just want it to be protected and to look nice.
Ottawa411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #85
Sparrow
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
awwwww hope you're able to get it sorted out quickly! .. how frustrating! .. usually that kind of thing happens to me! ..

keep us updated
Thanks for the sympathy Loopy.

I've emailed contact@bookeen.com and orders@bookeen.com a couple of hours ago - no reply as yet (not expecting a solution this quick, but a 'we're checking' email would be reassuring).

I must say, the speed with which they extracted their money from my CC account, led me to think they were a remarkably efficient outfit.
Unfortunately, subsequent events are leading me to revise my opinion somewhat.

I'm not throwing my toys out of the pram just yet (we all mistakes); but I am gathering them round me in preparation.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #86
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by dainys View Post

i was expecting my cover today at 12 p.m. and called the local fedex.
they told me the tracking# only shows that they are ready to deliver but no package has been picked up. it's still in paris! they told me to contact bookeen. did just that and wait what will happen.

but at least i have my cybook from the first shipping and have been using it ever since.
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #87
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
Thanks for the sympathy Loopy.

I've emailed contact@bookeen.com and orders@bookeen.com a couple of hours ago - no reply as yet (not expecting a solution this quick, but a 'we're checking' email would be reassuring).

I must say, the speed with which they extracted their money from my CC account, led me to think they were a remarkably efficient outfit.
Unfortunately, subsequent events are leading me to revise my opinion somewhat.

I'm not throwing my toys out of the pram just yet (we all mistakes); but I am gathering them round me in preparation.
I think i've sent an email to support@bookeen.com before too .. might be worth a try

Loopy
Old 12-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #88
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
As you say, they improved with usage. When the cover was new the magnetic closure did not work well at all. Unfortunately you see the magnets under the leather when you are reading a book which is a bit irritating. Otherwise I really like the cover.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #89
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It looks great when it's closed - makes the Gen3 look just like a fancy leather-bound diary or something; you wouldn't know that it's an electronic device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #90
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
It looks great when it's closed - makes the Gen3 look just like a fancy leather-bound diary or something; you wouldn't know that it's an electronic device.
Yes, it looks great and I really like that it does not look like an electronic device. Hopefully it reduce the risk of getting it stolen.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote