Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #166
harakka
harakka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentsafari View Post
Yeehaa!!! B&N sent money (149$) to my PayPal account today. I was so happy to see refund in there.

Anybody else have the same situation?
Yep, same thing here. Got my refund on the 8th and decided to close the dispute.

Cheerio
harakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:42 AM   #167
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
After spending a few more hours on skype, i got my issue promoted to some people who would contact PayPal about it.
Just checked my PayPal history and the charge has had a "Reversal". Yay!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #168
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
I was considering buying one here in the US and taking it back to Germany with me, but what stops me is, what if I have to send it back? I would not buy an electronics product that does not have a service center in the country where I live, and in fact I think it is always safer to buy from stores in your immediate area, where you can take it back and demand a replacement in person. Say what you will about the chain retailers, they will usually refund your money or exchange your purchases without making trouble. Doing business by mail is a different kettle of fish.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #169
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
...but what stops me is, what if I have to send it back? I would not buy an electronics product that does not have a service center in the country where I live...
Isn't your question self-explanatory with this opinion?
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #170
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Finally, after 4 weeks!, i got the two ordered nooks.

Inclusive import sales tax and shipping i paid around 156€ (~202$) for each device. Still a hot deal as compared to the usual european prices for ebook readers.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 PM   #171
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
I was considering buying one here in the US and taking it back to Germany with me, but what stops me is, what if I have to send it back? I would not buy an electronics product that does not have a service center in the country where I live, and in fact I think it is always safer to buy from stores in your immediate area, where you can take it back and demand a replacement in person. Say what you will about the chain retailers, they will usually refund your money or exchange your purchases without making trouble. Doing business by mail is a different kettle of fish.
For $150 I would take the chance. I had my Nook shipped from the States by a friend to me in Canada and the Nook works 100% great. By the time it breaks (if at all) there will hopefully be much more sofisticated and cheaper ereader devices on the market.

I even bought a $700 camera lens from USA that cannot be serviced here in Canada. Sometimes you have to take some risks in life, can't always play it safe.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:38 PM   #172
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Finally, after 4 weeks!, i got the two ordered nooks.

Inclusive import sales tax and shipping i paid around 156€ (~202$) for each device. Still a hot deal as compared to the usual european prices for ebook readers.
Who did you use to reship them to you?
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #173
CHAOSCU123
CHAOSCU123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello everyone
I nearly read every posts about the international buying issues about the nook I think my case is a little bit different ;
well first of all I lived in Turkey and on november 4 I am going to visit USA so I decided to order a nook before I go USA so I ordered the nook wifi by using my credit card but as an adress (both billing and shipment) I use one of my firend's adress who live in Usa but today (october 25) I checked my bank account and saw that barnsandnoble charged 162 dollar after that I checked my order from barndsandnoble site but realize my order status like this
"Unable to process order. Please call 1-877-379-0036, or 212-414-6024, if outside U.S."
I couldn't call the outside US number yet but I couldn't understand the sitiuation and I mailed them but they didn't respond me yet so what could be the problem my bank says that they confirm the payment and the company charged the amount succesfuly but after 6 days my product still not yet shipped is it a normal procedure?
CHAOSCU123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #174
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOSCU123 View Post
hello everyone
I nearly read every posts about the international buying issues about the nook I think my case is a little bit different ;
well first of all I lived in Turkey and on november 4 I am going to visit USA so I decided to order a nook before I go USA so I ordered the nook wifi by using my credit card but as an adress (both billing and shipment) I use one of my firend's adress who live in Usa but today (october 25) I checked my bank account and saw that barnsandnoble charged 162 dollar after that I checked my order from barndsandnoble site but realize my order status like this
"Unable to process order. Please call 1-877-379-0036, or 212-414-6024, if outside U.S."
I couldn't call the outside US number yet but I couldn't understand the sitiuation and I mailed them but they didn't respond me yet so what could be the problem my bank says that they confirm the payment and the company charged the amount succesfuly but after 6 days my product still not yet shipped is it a normal procedure?
You did not use a VPN, so B&N knows (because of your non-USA IP-address) that you are outside the US. They probably just want you to phone and to confirm that you know that you will not be able to buy B&N e-books outside the US. They do the same thing if you use a mail forwarding address that is known to B&N. So just phone them and probably everything will be all right.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #175
CHAOSCU123

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
You did not use a VPN, so B&N knows (because of your non-USA IP-address) that you are outside the US. They probably just want you to phone and to confirm that you know that you will not be able to buy B&N e-books outside the US. They do the same thing if you use a mail forwarding address that is known to B&N. So just phone them and probably everything will be all right.
Okay thank you I will try to phone them but I have another question that the number for outside customers is
212-414-6024 is this a USA number should I enter the country code before dial
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #176
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Okay thank you I will try to phone them but I have another question that the number for outside customers is
I assume this is a US number.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #177
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Quote:
Yes, that's in the New York City area. Make it 1-212-414-6024.

I don't understand why they don't write it with the country code. You'd only call that number if you were outside of the US.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #178
CHAOSCU123

Thank you all for your help
actually I also think that it is a US number but by coincidence 212 also code of ISTANBUL where I lıve so I got confused first but Today I made a call to USA from this number(1-212-414-6024) and it worked they confirmed now to ship my nook
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #179
dirkn
dirkn began at the beginning.

It also works if you send a mail to authorizations@barnesandnoble.com. At least it did for me. In my first mail I asked why the order wasn't processed and after a few days I received the answer " Your Nook order will not process until you assure us that you fully understand and accept our Ebook policy."
After this I sent a second mail in which I told them that I fully understand and accept the Ebook policy of Barnes and Noble. In reply on this mail I received a mail that my Nook was shipped.
Didn't receive it yet, but it was shipped with DHL to Borderlinx and delivered there today. Now it's on is way to the Netherlands.
dirkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #180
nklein
Enthusiast
nklein began at the beginning.

Device: ppc, soon a ipod touch
so can I ask how u get ebooks on your nooks? I really want a nookcolor but they don't ship internationally, do u think they will, or is there away around it like getting a USA friend to ship it to me? but then what about ebooks how do I get ebooks on it?
nklein is offline   Reply With Quote