Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
FREE Harlequin Medical Romance

On reading other Harlequin related freebie postings, new member duskdawns found this #17 freebie of the 16 Harlequin 60th Anniver. book give-away. See very bottom of website on link below....

Wanted to make sure everyone saw it! Thanks duskdawns!

http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?cid=1317

The Rebel Doctor's Bride
by Sarah Morgan

Sexy but dangerous! That's how the residents of Glenmore Island remember Conner MacNeil--and now he's back. He may be a top-notch surgeon now, but the twinkle in his eyes promises he's still as rebellious as ever. It will take every ounce of his charm to win over his patients...and his practice nurse, Flora Harris.

Flora was convinced she was the only girl at school who hadn't been kissed by Conner MacNeil. Now roguish Conner has returned, and awakens a longing within her that she just can't ignore.

Conner never imagined that Glenmore could feel like home--but is the rebel being tamed by idyllic island life? With Flora by his side it seems anything is possible!

Harlequin Medicals are available to buy on-line each month from www.eHarlequin.com. For pulse-raising romance, heart-racing drama – try Medical Romance!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I think this has been up there for awhile. There was a post about it a couple weeks ago. There's also 2 more free books floating around. Can't remember the titles but they have to do with Vegas.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I think this has been up there for awhile. There was a post about it a couple weeks ago. There's also 2 more free books floating around. Can't remember the titles but they have to do with Vegas.
Guess I missed that one. Have the 2 Vegas books.

Thanks Kelly!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks, I didn't see this one before. Keep 'em coming!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
When I downloaded the MOBI version for this one, mobireader claimed the file was corrupted or not an ebook file.

The LIT version seems fine (didn't check the others).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Thanks, I missed that one.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Guess I missed that one. Have the 2 Vegas books.

Thanks Kelly!
Thanks.
You didn't miss anything. when another topic mentioned Harlequin, there were only 16 books.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

I'm sorry...you're right...I realized after I sent that post, that I found out about the Harlequin Medical Romance through email. Oh well, the important part is that everyone downloads the book!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
duskdawns
Enthusiast
duskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Thanks bookratt for turning my post into a thread of its own!

The PDF and MS Reader formats are fine.

I tried to open the Mobipocket format, and it wouldn't work.

When I tried the ePub version, Adobe Digital Editions gave the message: Verifying document. However, it just doesn't open up.

As for the eReader format, I didn't try it, so I don't know how it is.

Hopefully, everyone can read the versions that do work.
duskdawns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
kelly1010
Book Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskdawns View Post
Thanks bookratt for turning my post into a thread of its own!

The PDF and MS Reader formats are fine.

I tried to open the Mobipocket format, and it wouldn't work.

When I tried the ePub version, Adobe Digital Editions gave the message: Verifying document. However, it just doesn't open up.

As for the eReader format, I didn't try it, so I don't know how it is.

Hopefully, everyone can read the versions that do work.

When the box comes up that asks how you want to open it, I selected Sony ebook library. It then downloaded in to the folder on my computer where all my other ebooks are. If you look on the left you'll see the C drive. Once I found it in there, I was able to drag and drop to my reader. It took me a few minutes to figure this out.

Hopefully I explained this right and it's not too confusing.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm having the same problem.

Kelly, I'm not sure what you mean when you say a box came up that asked you how to open it.

When I click the link to download the ePub, my choices are Open and Save. If I Save, the file won't open. If I choose Open, I get the attached error message.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	30960  
Old 06-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I had a similar problem with this ebook. When I loaded it onto the reader, nothing showed but a blank page! I gave up as I'm not that into medical romance. I prefer regency, sexy or those with a supernatural edge.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

I now have Adobe Digital Editions working for every book *except* this one.

So frustrating!

Maybe some kind soul will come along and help.