Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Bizarre Kindle 2 Menu Font Fading

Posted from the Amazon forums:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Menu-ve...2LAIYMW441C/1/

I tried myself and had the same problem. If you download the following MOBI file on your Kindle 2:

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/11/pg11.mobi

And hit menu while inside it, the Menu text is all faded. It's also slightly larger in font size; the box is cut-off at the bottom of the display.

Clearly this is a bug of some sort, but what in these mobis is causing it?
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
That's prety weird. I wonder if this is systematic.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well no one else seems to have tried it besides us...
Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Xestrix
Xestrix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Amazon has tried it now, I just heard back from Kindle Support:

Quote:
Andrew,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I tested out the two files mentioned in that discussion on my own Kindle 2 and was able to confirm the error, so I've sent that information to our technicians.

It appears at this time to be related to Project Gutenberg .mobi files, as I've been unable to reproduce the error on some from other sources. If you've been able to see otherwise, however, please let us know.

You can write back to us using the link below. Again, if you do see this on any other .mobi files from other sources, please include a link to the file download so we can take a look at it.
Xestrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur

Great! It's surely just a bug the rendering system that will get fixed in a future update.
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Xestrix
Xestrix began at the beginning.

Looks that way
Xestrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
tylerdurden51
tylerdurden51 began at the beginning.

Device: none
i sure hope so
tylerdurden51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Strange bug, but I'm sure it will end up getting corrected at some point; Amazon is pretty on the ball.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
Janutchka
Janutchka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, 2 and Sony PRS-505
This happens with Feedbooks too

I thought my Kindle was failing because of this weird menu fade. But it is only with books I've gotten through the feedbooks "KIndle Download Guide" I have in my Kindle book list. I haven't noticed if it happens with books downloaded through the Mobipocket Guide.
Janutchka is offline   Reply With Quote