Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
QofResh
Enthusiast
QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Touch; Android Tablet (Asus TF300); PC App
Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card

I'm almost halfway through and it is honestly really good. Very heady and thought provoking with interesting dialogue. As a long time Card fan I've been very pleased a couple of his recent outings, i.e. The Lost Gate and this one.

**UPDATE**
This is essentially a book with two stories. In the future a ship attempts to jump into some kind of hyperspace and experiences some bizarre space-time consequences upon itself. In the past (?) a young boy named Rigg and his friend Umbo use their own space-time bending powers in a quest to build a better life for themselves.

Reader be warned that some of the logical issues that develop can really throw you for a mental loop. It is the kind of thing that I love and I hope you do too. But if not, then just know what you are getting into.

Last edited by QofResh; 10-05-2012 at 08:51 AM.
QofResh is offline   Reply With Quote