Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Webscription/Baen shows how to manage content to the iOS devices

That includes using Stanza as a way to directly download to your PC or your iPad/iPhone/iPod then have it automatically sync the file with iTunes and from there you can directly drag and drop onto your computer or, if it supports it and I seem to remember it does, right into Calibre. It's pretty neat as tool even if you don't read the books in Stanza.

There is also info on using Bookshelf either Webscription's own Bookshelf server or downloading the local Bookshelf server. It sounds interesting as well but dunno.

Last it covers how to use the brute force and awkwardness method with iBooks.

http://www.webscription.net/t-iphone.aspx

I did not find much discussion of these options so could be there is no interest but to someone like me who never used an Apple piece of hardware prior to this new iPod, I was thrilled to find a way to work around for at least one rather inconvenient part of Apple's content control on iOS devices. In fact my this is my only valid complaint I have after using my iPad 4th Gen since last Saturday. I say that's not too bad. I even solved the whole battery drain issue last night once I noticed it. It's a work around but certainly not a fix.)
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I just download the books from their website, manage the books with Calibre, and bring into iBooks via Calibre server.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Deleted - Figured it out.

Last edited by MerLock; 01-21-2011 at 11:48 AM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote