Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
gatorfan
gatorfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Jetbook
My excitement cost me $$

I need to remember to read my orders completely before I place them, or at least search these forums before lay down my hard earned cash...

I wanted an electronic version of J.D.Salingers "The Catcher In The Rye" for my new K2 and I ended up purchasing a study guide to the same.

Too late to return

$15 bucks down the toilet...

Live and learn.
gatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
If yo bouht it from Amazon you have 7 days to return it. Try going to http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/homepage.html and plugging in the information and see if they can take it back. I mistakenly ordered some goofy book by clicking around on a stalled browser pages, when it UNstalled all my mouse clicks pured through and lo and behold I bought a romance book. Not my cup of tes. I emailed Amazon and in an hour or so had a refund.

Just don't abuse the priviledge and they will take 'em back.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Sometimes they will still give a refund after longer than 7 days. My last was over 3 weeks but the book had formatting issues. It doesn't hurt to try as long as it doesn't become a habit (they don't like that).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
gatorfan

The ebook was purchased 8 days ago. I'll give it a try. See what happens.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
gatorfan

Wow, I've got to give kudos to Amazon's customer service.

I had deleted the book from my "Manage My Kindle" account. So I expected Amazon to tell me that I was SOL.

I emailed the customer service department and explained my faux pas. Within an hour I received an email from Amazon explaining that they would refund my money.

You can't beat that!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ya see?! Amazon CS rocks!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
As a publisher I have the insight that the refund process is extremely easy (I see the numbers of purchases and refunds). I do not mind that.

My only concern is for the people who abuse it (buy the book, strip the DRM (or in my case there is no DRM to strip), and then claim a refund, while keeping a copy for themselves or reading the book and returning it). I just hope that Amazon can see the patterns of abuse and do something about such accounts (for example, limiting the refund privileges for such people to some specified number per month).

Last edited by osnova; 01-12-2010 at 04:32 PM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
As a publisher I have the insight that the refund process is extremely easy (I see the numbers of purchases and refunds). I do not mind that.

My only concern is for the people who abuse it (buy the book, strip the DRM (or in my case there is no DRM to strip), and then claim a refund, while keeping a copy for themselves or reading the book and returning it). I just hope that they can see the patterns of abuse.
Amazon has closed accounts for too many returns (ebooks and other items). They are aware.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
gatorfan

I can completely understand that policy. From now on I know to pay close attention to my purchases. I have purchased many items from Amazon and the Kindle book was my very first return.

I used to work for an upscale retailer (many years ago) that would revoke a retail charge card or issue a trespass warrant for consumers with too many returns.

This was a very rare occurance and the habitual "returners" were obviously abusers of the policy.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Ya see?! Amazon CS rocks!
Absolutely! I love that "press 1 and we will call you back." I can barely shut my phone before it rings!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote