Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #1
marinai
marinai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4/KPW-3/Kindle3/Pocketbook-Touch Lux3/Kobo-Elipsa
How do I keep book's file name in the language of the book?

I've looked everywhere, and read a lot of posts, but i cannot find a solution to this. I would like french books' files to be in french and russian books' file names to be in russian when converting books in Calibre (ePub and AZW3). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
marinai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
I've looked everywhere, and read a lot of posts, but i cannot find a solution to this. I would like french books' files to be in french and russian books' file names to be in russian when converting books in Calibre (ePub and AZW3). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
If you're referring to the files in the library book folders the short answer is - you can't. Because the calibre library manager is multi-platform (Operating and File System) it uses simple ascii folder and file names within the library folder. See Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library? for further detail

When you Save to Disk or Send to Device the file names will be based on the metadata values as specified by the relevant Save Template - metadata values can use different character sets - Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, RTL languages such as Hebrew etc

There have been countless discussions on this, it's not going to change.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-09-2016 at 11:05 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
In addition, when using the templates, to send, they try and maintain filesystem safe naming
Preferences: Sending... or Saving..
has a tick to Convert non-English charaters to English equivalents
also there is an option to replace space with an underscore (spaces cause lots of issues)
Calibre always converts Filesystem sensitive characters to something safe
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, file name, french, language, russian