Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
marieBdesign
marieBdesign began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
  disappear during export???

Hello MobileRead community,

This is my first post! I am a Sigil user and really like this great application. I use it after exporting books from InDesign CC to ePub, to edit them.

I have a very frustrating issue: all non-breaking spaces from my InDesign document end up as normal space in the epub. Even if in Sigil preferences,   is an entity to be preserved.

The   are very important, especially in French litterature...

Can anyone help?

marieBdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieBdesign View Post
I have a very frustrating issue: all non-breaking spaces from my InDesign document end up as normal space in the epub. Even if in Sigil preferences,   is an entity to be preserved.
There was a   bug in an older version. Did you install the latest official version or one of the unofficial versions for older machines?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
marieBdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
There was a   bug in an older version. Did you install the latest official version or one of the unofficial versions for older machines?
Hi Doitsu! Yes, I have the latest version of Sigil, 0.8.6 for Mac...
Old 04-25-2015, 03:22 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Are you sure the   are in the exported ePUB before loading the ePUB into Sigil?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:52 PM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
There is an option in File/Preferences called Preserve Entities.

Make sure   is specified there.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Thought there may have been a regression involving non-breaking space characters being converted to normal spaces, but testing doesn't suggest that. In my tests, prexisting non-breaking space characters are dutifully converted to   entities, and as long as   is included in the Preserve Entities list, I can't make those entities get changed to normal spaces no matter what I try. Granted, I'm not using a Mac, but the two main Sigil contributors are.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #7
marieBdesign

not converted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Thought there may have been a regression involving non-breaking space characters being converted to normal spaces, but testing doesn't suggest that. In my tests, prexisting non-breaking space characters are dutifully converted to   entities, and as long as   is included in the Preserve Entities list, I can't make those entities get changed to normal spaces no matter what I try. Granted, I'm not using a Mac, but the two main Sigil contributors are.
Hi DiapDealer. This is so frustrating! I have to check, as Toxaris suggested, if the   are in the epub befor opening inte Sigil. As I mentionned, the   are in the list of entities to be preserved. I'll come back later... But thanks for your reply.