Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cannot Send azw3 to Device (Kindle Touch)

Mac 10.6.8

Hi all. Got my Touch today. I have been reading on my iPhone for a year, and have a library in Calibre (now v 8.54).

So I took the title I want to move to my Touch, and converted it from ePub to azw3. All fine.

Then I went to Send it to the Touch but when I bring up "Send Specific Format to .." it just lists Mobi, Txt and PDF ... I tried this with several titles but it never includes the azw3 format as an option to Send. Am I missing something elementary ? I hope not
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The "Kindle 2/3/4/Touch" Device Interface Plugin (Preferences->Plugins->Device interface plugins). Highlight it, click the "Customize plugin button", and make sure the azw3 box is checked (and anything else you might want to send to it -- azw, azw4, prc).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey there .. many many thanks. I have a bit to learn but at least I can get on with reading some good reads while I learn
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
deva1984
deva1984 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
I met a stranger issue. The azw3 file I converted can be "sent to device" by calibre or directly copied to my Kindle Touch, without no reading problem. I can not however, send it to Amazon via email service. Why?
deva1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by deva1984 View Post
I met a stranger issue. The azw3 file I converted can be "sent to device" by calibre or directly copied to my Kindle Touch, without no reading problem. I can not however, send it to Amazon via email service. Why?
I do have the same problem. Maybe a bug.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I do have the same problem. Maybe a bug.
NoT a bug - this an Amazon restriction as to what formats they will accept via email.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It has been reported that if you send a dual-MOBI (containing both MOBI and AZW3 content) Amazon will accept it and split it into AZW3 for your recent devices.

The downside is, you will not see the cover thumbnail in cover view on your device.

This is a recent (few months?) change.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote