Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #61
lisajjb
Enthusiast
lisajjb began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy 10"
I usually read three books at a time but two of them I will have read before. I have several die-hard favorites that I re-read every year or two. That's probably the best feature of an ereader for me, is that there used to be only one book in my purse at any given time. Now there are several.
lisajjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #62
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
I've got four going now, but that's fairly unusual. Two at a time is more my speed, but I do get through them relatively quickly. Books at ~300 pages or less will be finished in a day, a little longer for a big tome.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #63
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I usually am in the middle of two or three at a time; one mystery or thriller, one philosophy book, and one science book.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #64
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
If by reading it is meant "reading for pleasure" than I usually read just one or two books at a time. But otherwise, I've lost count how many books I am reading! There may be some I read because they are connected with my current research or project, some I started to read because I got interested in some subject, then some I started to read because I found out I needed more background to understand that subject etc.

E-reading certainly made things worse for me. With paper books there was at least some limit to the number of books I could have open on my desk at any given time. Ebooks don't have that limit!
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #65
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Often two

I don't have much of an attention span, so when I am reading a non-fiction book that is long or requires more concentration, I will often pick up something that is easier/lighter to read in between when I am too tired to focus (or just need a break).

Also, since publisher pricing has gone into effect, I am buying some books in paper again...I'll read them at home mostly on weekend but sometimes overlap during the week while reading another book on my ebook reader going to/from work (I take public transportation).
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #66
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Often two

I don't have much of an attention span, so when I am reading a non-fiction book that is long or requires more concentration, I will often pick up something that is easier/lighter to read in between when I am too tired to focus (or just need a break).
I think that when I read Homer's Odyssey I must have read 4 or 5 other books at the same time. In between breaks you might call them.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #67
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I do. Usually, I read something more difficult, such as old fiction and something easier.

Right now, I'm reading Don Quixote, which is a bit tough at times. Other times, they babble on about stuff that I don't care about, and it is just a bit more exhausting to read than modern stuff. But I think I am a more well-rounded person as a result. Certainly more educated, as I learn some old words that are no longer used.

But sometimes, I just don't want to work that hard. So I'm reading Dragonlance Chronicles now for easy reading pleasure.

I'm also reading a book of Mozart's letters. I've read a large Mozart biography and two other books of letters, so this isn't top priority, but I simply HAVE to read it, as a Mozart fan.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #68
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I generally have a minimum of three books going - a main book at home, a carry-around book, and an audiobook.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #69
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post

I'm also reading a book of Mozart's letters. I've read a large Mozart biography and two other books of letters, so this isn't top priority, but I simply HAVE to read it, as a Mozart fan.
Now that is where the internet comes in. I'll often stop at the name of a piece of music, find it on the internet, and play it to enhance my reading experience.

I may not be able to play chopsticks on the piano, but I still enjoy music.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote