Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #1
Kino
Enthusiast
Kino began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Updating Sigil (Linux)

Hi,

I'm using Bodhi Linux which is a version of ubuntu with Enlightenment window manager.

The version of Sigil packaged with this is 0.2.4-0ubuntu1~ppa1 and I was wondering how easy it would be to update to the latest one - it could be some time before the distro gets round to it...

Thanks in advance.
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kino View Post
Hi,

I'm using Bodhi Linux which is a version of ubuntu with Enlightenment window manager.

The version of Sigil packaged with this is 0.2.4-0ubuntu1~ppa1 and I was wondering how easy it would be to update to the latest one - it could be some time before the distro gets round to it...

Thanks in advance.
2.4 is OLD

Why not uninstall that one and then install using the Linux package found on the Sigil site (Will install Sigil in /opt).
Follow the install directions on the download page, explicitly

If it does not work to your liking, uninstall and reinstall the old ppa version
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Kino
Enthusiast
Kino began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Thanks, theducks, that did it! (Why didn't I think of that?)
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
If you're rolling your own, I'd recommend using checkinstall. What it does is make a package of the archive you've just made, and install the package. Makes it easier to uninstall and upgrade.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote