Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #31
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
tselling, I'm figuring out how to fix margins and font sizes. Do you have any idea if it's possible to have ADE default to 100% zoom and not 200%? It doesn't save the settings.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #32
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
tselling, I'm figuring out how to fix margins and font sizes. Do you have any idea if it's possible to have ADE default to 100% zoom and not 200%? It doesn't save the settings.
To set the default fontsize, I would use something like:
html, body, p, p.indent, p.nonindent,
div.tx, div.fmtx, div.tx1, div.fmtx1 {
fontsize: 1.0 em !important;
}

If that is too big you could set to 0.9 em or 0.8 em, etc. Don't use pixels or points because then dynamically changing the fontsize wouldn't work.

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/wiki/Font_Size.

I have found that some new ebooks have a file that ends with extension .xpgt like page-template.xpgt that seems to take priority over the CSS... mostly margins. Opening the epub with 7zip and deleting that file seems to help. I have not found a way to override it.

Also some of the recent library epubs use p.indent and p.nonindent or div.tx, div.fmtx, div.tx1, and div.fmtx1 so you may want to add them like I did above.

Last edited by tselling; 06-22-2010 at 03:55 PM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #33
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually the ADE zoom works regardless of pixels vs. em, etc. What I am trying to do is set font-size:18px for all regular text and then display at "100%" zoom so that pictures are not artificially stretched. So far I'm running into the program that all of my books seem to use different classes of p, so I can't get a "blanket" font size change to work. Same problem with margins.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

If you used calibre to liberate the books and set the font size you get a lot of p.calibre1, p.calibre2... up to around calibre19 I think. I guess you could add them all the the line. I took a look at the library books to see what they used originally and saw the indent, nonindent, tx, tx1, etc. If your books are without DRM you could also set the default fontsize in Calibre and convert epub to epub for the default 18pt fontsize.

Last edited by tselling; 06-22-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #35
tselling
Addict

There is also an img tag that you can try playing with... but I haven't had much time to play with it.
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #36
Kralik
Guru

I've done the Calibre ePUB-->ePUB trick before but I'd rather not muck with it every time I switch reader firmware or readers. So here's what I have for the userstyles.css (changes from yours):

Code:
@page {
  margin: 0.5em !important;
  padding: 0px !important;
}

html, body, p, 
p.indent, p.nonindent,
p.text, p.cotx, p.tx, p.tx1, p.int,
div.preface {
  font-family: "droidserif", sans-serif !important;
  padding: 0px !important;
  margin: 0em 1.2em 0em 0em !important;
  text-align: justify !important;
  line-height: 120% !important;
  font-size: 18px;
}

body { margin: 0px; }
I like a consistent font size and using em wasn't doing it from book to book. So, it's 18px, which is nice to read at 100% zoom. Margins are as I like them and leave just enough space for 3 digit page numbers. Images display correctly at 100% (except for some title pages that are overstretched, such as Feedbooks' logo).

All that I will need to do from book to book is add any p.this and p.that and p.whatever. Header tags don't work quite right, so they usually end up a tad smaller than the normal text, but I can deal with it. I'd rather not have to try to cover all of the header classes...

Last edited by Kralik; 06-22-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #37
marcinb
marcinb began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook, Pocketbook IQ 701 also Sony TH-55
userstyle.css

The question is when userstyle.css is read:

- any time new book is open
- any time when card is mounted
- only after reset
- only after firmware upgrade?

I suspect last answer as no change in page look after changing contents of the file but can be wrong as JB is sometimes strange device (ex. after reset I lost 'last read' list then after another it apear again!)
marcinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #38
tselling
Addict

I need to connect the jetBook to my PC to change it. I have found that the changes I have made take effect when I disconnect it from my PC. Since my book is no longer open when I disconnect, when I reopen my book the changes are in effect.