Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
PRS-505: Page flip keys in landscape mode?

Hi,

I want to use the PRS-505 in landscape mode for a better PDF display but the page flip button (next/prev) are in a very inconvenient position. I have not found any better buttons for that, did I oversee anything?

What about the PRSCustomizer? Can I use it to have better button for page turning in landscape mode?
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggle4Evr View Post
Hi,

I want to use the PRS-505 in landscape mode for a better PDF display but the page flip button (next/prev) are in a very inconvenient position. I have not found any better buttons for that, did I oversee anything?

What about the PRSCustomizer? Can I use it to have better button for page turning in landscape mode?
You have two options for page flipping. There is the round joypad button (on the bottom left in portrait mode, on the top left in landscape mode), and there are also the page flip buttons next to the number keys, which are on the right side in portrait mode and on the bottom middle in landscape mode. I have found the joypad to be the most comfortable for portrait mode and the number key buttons most comfortable for landscape.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
You have two options for page flipping. There is the round joypad button (on the bottom left in portrait mode, on the top left in landscape mode)
Thanks, I missed that joypad button (always tried the "cursor button" at bottom right) but it works great for me in landscape mode.

Strangely when reading a pdf file in landscape mode the bottommost text line (just above the black bar with the page number etc.) appears to be in a more grey color, not really black. I didn't notice that when reading in portrait mode, it looks like a software problem, not a screen issue. But not sure about this...
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Juggle4evr

What you're noticing with the greyed line is normal. When in landscape mode half a page appears at a time. There is some overlap and the lines that are repeated on the 2nd half of the page are greyed. You'll probably notice the same with lines at the top of the 2nd half of the page being greyed.

Hope this makes sense!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
That greyed out line is actually a very nice feature. The overlap comes in handy.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert