Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Get over it.

$250, please. You can pay the laddy at the door.

Hey, it worked! Can I pay you in pbooks?

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #17
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Just yesterday I bought signed Last Argument Of Kings: The First Law: Book Three: Book Three of the First Law (Hardcover)
by Joe Abercrombie. (I don't care about signature i just could not find a hardback for a decent price and I won one on ebay )

A few days ago I bought the first two HPs special UK editions for collection.
A few weeks ago I bought The Silmarillion 30 anniversay UK edition

However, these books are almost the last printed books I buy. I will buy the rest of special UK HPs. 1 or 2 special editions of Hobbit (I am after Easton Press Edition for a decent price). I bought Last Argument Of Kings only because I had the first 2 books and I wanted the last one to finish the series. In the not so distant future (hopefully) I will buy 2 more books from Malazan world to finish the series. Probably a few books from A Song of Ice and Fire until it is finished if ever. The last book in WoT if it ever will be published.
Cannot think of anything else?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #18
MsAnthrope
Enthusiast
MsAnthrope is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2, EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
For years I didn't even know that "Space Barbarians" existed and as usual the first in the series was the best.
You're right. The first one was great. I don't think the second one was as bad as the reviews made it out to be, though. Mainly I was disappointed in it's length.
Until publishers start filling in the series I'm just going to have to practice more self-control. Unless I'm just in love with a book I am going to try to avoid pbooks. I have been so thrilled about carrying hundreds of books around at once, and archiving them on a thumb drive or CD, that the thought of bringing a pbook into the house makes me sort of sad. It's like having a car accident and getting stuck with one of those cheesy little rental cars for the week. Not that I slouch down in my seat, pull down the brim of my hat and pull up the collar of my jacket when reading a pbook or anything. Not normally, anyway.
MsAnthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #19
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Just yesterday I bought signed Last Argument Of Kings: The First Law: Book Three: Book Three of the First Law (Hardcover)
by Joe Abercrombie. (I don't care about signature i just could not find a hardback for a decent price and I won one on ebay )
I'd seen a recommendation for that and had been waiting for it to come out on Kindle and then just got tired of waiting and bought the pbook (of the first book in the series). And then I got bored about 50 pages into it, put it down and never picked it up again. The tense shifts drove me nuts. Pick a tense! Stick with it!

I also bought a pbook about Dorothea Lange and her Depression-era photographs.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!