Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
andynic
andynic began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini iBooks
viewing an iBook ebook on Mac -- highlights and notes

Hi,

The bottom line of the problem is that highlights and notes are not visible in Calibre.

The problem in more detail:
=================
I am using the iBooks app on an iPad Mini (IOS 7.1). I like iBooks a lot.

Synching with my Mac via iTunes works seamlessly. If I delete the book from my iPad, and then synch with iTunes, the book is restored to the iPad and all my highlights and notes are there.

If I want to read the book in Calibre, I use "Add books" and load the book. When I double click it to open it, the text is there but none of the highlights or notes.

Is there any way to see the highlights and notes that I put in the book while reading it on the iPad?

Thanks for your help.
Andynic
PS: Please note, I am brand new to all of this.
andynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
No, annotations of all kinds use special metadata maintained by the reader program. In dozens of different formats.

There is no standardization, and iBooks for example does not export annotations. I believe Marvin (iOS app) exports annotation to calibre -- the developer of Marvin put a lot of effort into integrating with calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
highlights, ibook, notes