Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #61
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I'm trying to replace a value with " " (searching within "current file"). The replace value of " " seems to be triggering a crash. I've tried different search options, but to no avail.
OS?
Code View or Book View?
Mode?
Direction?
Replace or Replace All?

If repeatable, maybe save the epub and send a link (or add a new issue on the issue log and mark private).
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #62
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
OS?
Code View or Book View?
Mode?
Direction?
Replace or Replace All?

If repeatable, maybe save the epub and send a link (or add a new issue on the issue log and mark private).
I been searching in CV, in any direction, and Replace All. I've tested using both the Regex mode and the Case Sensitive mode.

I discovered it has something to do with the length of the line containing the target string.

take the nonsense string below, for example:

Spoiler:
Code:
<p>The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. Duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE!</p>

do a search (I've done both Regex and Case Sensitive)for:
Code:
The quick
and try to replace with:
Code:
</p><p>&nbsp;The quick

Last edited by ElMiko; 03-10-2012 at 08:58 AM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #63
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I been searching in CV, in any direction, and Replace All. I've tested using both the Regex mode and the Case Sensitive mode.

I discovered it has something to do with the length of the line containing the target string.

take the nonsense string below, for example:

do a search (I've done both Regex and Case Sensitive)for:
Code:
The quick
and try to replace with:
Code:
</p><p>&nbsp;The quick
I've been able to duplicate this - thanks for taking the time to test and find a sample. Its not always easy, but it makes it much more likely it can be fixed.

This happens on Ubuntu 11.10 as well. I'll look into it to see if its something I can correct.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #64
meme
Sigil developer

And after a brief check, its not something that can be fixed easily. Its the old QPlainTextEdit problem - the Qt editor just can't handle large amounts of activity and dies, usually in setTextCursor. Unfortunately this is one that will require user_none replacing the editing core of Code View, which is not a trivial task.

As a workaround, just use Replace All with Selected HTML files and just select 1 file.

When you use Current File the replace is done using QPlainTextEdit and it saves each find/replace in order to allow you to Undo each change.

When you use Selected HTML files or All HTML files the replace is done directly on the text file so it doesn't have the same problem - and its a lot faster. With such a large amount of replaces, Undo isn't really a concern.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #65
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
I finally finished my most ambitous effort on historic geology books; it is about 700 pages with exceptionally numerous small cap regular and italic text, with several full-page images. At the least this work would have entailed far greater efforts to complete than with the newest 0.5.3 version, and probably I would have encountered so many problems using earlier versions that I might eventually have given up. Occasionally I encountered crashes with 0.5.3 but these were never critical problems, and never resulted in losses or file corruptions.

Working with the new version 0.5.3 was a great experience - everything worked perfectly and the new changes allowing multiple renaming/removing of .xhtml files and the new regex s/f were truly welcome! Hail to the Sigil team!!
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #66
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Hm, am I the only one who's noticing that Sigil tends to insert a space wherever my cursor was when I switch from Book View to Code View?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #67
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Hm, am I the only one who's noticing that Sigil tends to insert a space wherever my cursor was when I switch from Book View to Code View?
I remember that happening with an older version, but I've not experienced it with v0.5.3 yet.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #68
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
If you're using Qt-4.8.0, then that's a known issue http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=1159#c6

This bug only happens if the cursor is between any characters in Book View, a workaround is to make sure that the cursor is before the first character in a paragraph before switching to Code View (I've been using Qt-4.8.0 for a long time, this is the only bug I saw so far, and since I don't use BV that much...).

(Note that the Sigil Linux official .bin packages bundle Qt-4.7.x).
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #69
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A couple of quick questions about possible enhancements... bottom-of-the-wishlist-pile type stuff. Just throwing them out there.

1) How hard would it be to have a user configurable preference for which view they'd like to open by default when they selected an (x)html book-file. For instance, I'd like for files to default to opening in Code View instead of Book View when first opened. I wouldn't want that for everybody; hence the preference setting. Or is it already available and I'm just missing it like I was number two?

2) Never mind about number two... I see it's already implemented. But why on earth is the "Close Other Tabs" feature (ctrl+alt+w) hiding out with all the keyboard shortcuts? I would have loved to see that puppy front and center a long time ago.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #70
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i vaguelly recall the user configurable preferences may be in v6. There's lots that I'd like to see as preference options!
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:07 AM   #71
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
1) How hard would it be to have a user configurable preference for which view they'd like to open by default when they selected an (x)html book-file.
The view the book opens with at first affects various parts of the code, so its not necessary simple, but probably not hard. However, its more a question of considering which preferences should exist to avoid having too many. That and testing everything else out at the moment without adding more variations. Its on the list to look at though and I've created an issue for you, but can't say if or when it would be added.

Quote:
2) Never mind about number two... I see it's already implemented. But why on earth is the "Close Other Tabs" feature (ctrl+alt+w) hiding out with all the keyboard shortcuts? I would have loved to see that puppy front and center a long time ago.
Look under the Window menu option. I'd like it to be able to have it on a right click menu for the tab header, but haven't figured out that one.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #72
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
The view the book opens with at first affects various parts of the code, so its not necessary simple, but probably not hard. However, its more a question of considering which preferences should exist to avoid having too many. That and testing everything else out at the moment without adding more variations. Its on the list to look at though and I've created an issue for you, but can't say if or when it would be added.
Thanks for checking into it. Like I said, I was mostly just thinking out loud: it'd be nice if it was there, but I wouldn't want anyone to spend time on it if it was more involved than it sounded, or as long as there were more pressing matters.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #73
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
EDIT:
I tried this again to check as was about to do Bug report in Issues on Sigil website, and it now works as it should.
In my defence, yesterday I also had some probs with my system (now hopefully sorted).
/EDIT

I found a difference in the replacement of a string, depending on whether I'm step replacing or doing a 'replace all' (found from posts here and few around for info).

When step replacing the last space is inside the span (as it should be for this regex), but when replace all, the last space is outside the span

just using these few lines as a test in a new, clean epub,

Code:
<p class="let">Here we have a simple paragraph.</p>

<p class="let">Here we have another simple paragraph.</p>

<p class="let">Here's a simple paragraph.</p>

Search
Code:
<p class="let">([A-Z])((.[^ ]{0,20}[ ]){4})
Replace
Code:
<p class="let"><span class="let1 let2">\1</span><span class="smcpTypeV">\2</span>

Last edited by Perkin; 04-09-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #74
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Could someone please summarize the regex and search/replace issues in the most current version of Sigil?
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #75
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
Could someone please summarize the regex and search/replace issues in the most current version of Sigil?
I'm quite sure that someone could. Maybe it's easier to have a look on the "Issues" on Sigils website.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote