Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
JerryinOCMD
Enthusiast
JerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
Could Kindle Servers Be Down?

None of the files that I'm sending to my kindle email (including xxx@free.kindle.com) are getting through to the device. Free purchases from the website aren't being delivered either. Also, when I go to manage my kindle page to check settings I just get spinning icons, which indicate to me that something isn't working on their end.

I'm new to kindle, and can transfer personal docs via USB, but I'd really enjoy having my Calibre news feeds delivered via wireless. Thanks.
JerryinOCMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Seems like it, I went to my manage my kindle page, had them send that free Viking book, and it said "Try Again Later"
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
JerryinOCMD
Enthusiast
JerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
Well, I've managed to get Minesweeper delivered. The items sent via email, however, to both addresses do not show up. The do show up in my sent mail folder on Gmail though.
JerryinOCMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
My books didn't sync up earlier even after doing a forced sync so perhaps they are down. No biggie, it's easy enough to enter in a location.

Just try later I guess.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Total speculation: Could this have anything to do with the fact that Amazon had (apparently stopped) "loaned" servers or some such to wikileaks (the folks releasing the State Department cables/memos/etc).
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any info on whether they are down or it is my wifi k3 that is down?

I now have about 25 items in the archive list which should have been delivered. I'm been to ManageMyKindle site as well as on the k3. The k3 only get a message that the "download was not succesful, try again" type message. MANAGE site does not provide any feedback on success or failure.

Does Amazon ever acknowledge outages? Is there anyplace they post about such issues?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I don't think so........i just emailed a book to my K3 and it went thru just fine.....
Have you tried calling KS?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
No problems here either; tried emailing a document plus d/loaded the free "Santa, Honey" (refrain from comments on my taste, please).

Wonder if you were just experiencing a slowdown caused by the increased traffic to Amazon?
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I've had numerous problems with numerous websites the last week or so. keep in mind that the greater Seattle area is still recovering from a rather hellacious storm last week. there are still power lines down all over the place. they did quick fixes last week, put band aids over the breaks and are going back and cleaning it up now. I would guesstimate about 3 months until it is all normal
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
JerryinOCMD, you don't say which K3 you have. Are you having issues with both WiFi and 3G?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
FF2
Wizard

I may have found my problem. When I went to open the latest book I was reading, I was back a dozen or more locations. Paged forward and found my spot but when I tried to set a bookmark, it said memory was full. That seemed odd. I was at lunch. Just connected to computer and it showed about 2 gigs free. So what's up. I''m rebooting the k3 now. Wish me luck.

Well, it took the bookmark. But shows ZERO in Archives. I'm re-syncing now.

Well, I'm sure I need to read more. It appears that it may now be downloading archived items. They are in the main mostly GRAYED out - meaning I cannot select them for action but items are DOWNLOADING the the number of archived items keeps reducing. Down from 28 to 18 and still downloading.

not sure why I ran out of memory but I guess like Windows, the k3 needs rebooting or housekeeping periodically. Archived 15 and dropping.....
Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Finally working for me again. Very very slowly, though. And yeah, saw those items in the archives, but greyed out, I guess they were queued for download already.

That's another thing that Amazon needs to improve - their error messages.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote