Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
chicagofilms
chicagofilms began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Add a PDF to Kindle app...

Anyone know how to add a book to the Kindle app?

I thought you can email a document & have it converted, but I think that only works if you own an actual Kindle.

Is there any way to add your own documents if all you have it Kindle on iPad & the Kindle desktop app?
chicagofilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
For iPhone/iPad app, no, as far as I know (unless you jail break or something?). For Kindle4PC/Mac, you can drop the converted document into the 'My Kindle Content' folder and read it with the app (you might need to refresh/restart).

I've suggested Amazon provide wireless delivery of converted/personal docs to any of the apps registered to your account, like you can with a real Kindle using its @kindle.com email address. (for extra credit, they could add unprotected ePub conversion) They probably just need some backend and web site changes to enable this, the apps wouldn't need to know anything. And it would pay for itself (they charge per kb for this service on kindle). But they don't always do what I suggest <g>.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
bioradiation
bioradiation began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App
Kindle App Upload

See here. They added a way to upload personal documents to the Kindle App. You've got to download an app to your computer but that's a small price for a big addition.
bioradiation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

That's a misunderstanding, guys. No need for a desktop app, jailbreak or anything like that. Simply email the PDF file to your iPad or iPhone (to your regular email account), and you can open the PDF file in the Kindle app right from the email attachment.

That's only one option, but there are others equally easy. Such as loading the PDF file in the Kindle app from your Dropbox or SugarSync app.

(However, I don't recommend using the Kindle app for reading PDF files, or indeed any books. There are much better iOS apps for handling PDFs -- the most prestigious of them is GoodReader, but now I like PDF Expert even better.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
I'm quite taken by Documents for PDFs (and it's cloud file mgmt)...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
You mean Documents by Readdle? There are so many PDF apps for iOS it's hard to keep track of them all.

If you do mean Documents by Readdle, it's something like a "poor cousin" (or you might say a free preview, with limited functionality) of Readdle's flagship app, PDF Expert. I can't recommend PDF Expert highly enough. GoodReader is excellent as well, but PDF Expert both looks better and seems, to me, a bit smarter in the reading options it offers.

(For example, compare the two "Night Mode" options in GoodReader and PDF Expert -- both are nice, but only PDF Expert's "Night Mode" is a genuine "Night Mode".)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
Aashrith
Aashrith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
For iPhone/iPad app, no, as far as I know (unless you jail break or something?). For Kindle4PC/Mac, you can drop the converted document into the 'My Kindle Content' folder and read it with the app (you might need to refresh/restart).

I've suggested Amazon provide wireless delivery of converted/personal docs to any of the apps registered to your account, like you can with a real Kindle using its @kindle.com email address. (for extra credit, they could add unprotected ePub conversion) They probably just need some backend and web site changes to enable this, the apps wouldn't need to know anything. And it would pay for itself (they charge per kb for this service on kindle). But they don't always do what I suggest <g>.
You can add PDFs to kindle iOS /iPad /iPhone app just connect your iPad to your laptop or desktop then open iTunes then click on your device then scroll down till the end then you will see kindle app click on it on the right side down click on add then add as many PDFs you want
Aashrith is offline   Reply With Quote