Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
anthonymoody
anthonymoody began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Is it me or is the DR1000 no longer for sale?

I seem to be able to click to buy the 1000S but I don't need/want the stylus capability. Did they pull the 1000?
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Was it ever for sale? I know they advertise a DR1000, DR1000S, and a DR1000SW. However, I thought that the only one you could initially buy was the DR1000S. Do you remember seeing it available for order on their shop, or know someone who has one?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
I suspect they would ever sell DR1000 because right now their software relies on stylus so much.
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
It was only ever available for pre-order and it seems they pulled that.

Not surprising: as smp_iliad pointed out, the stylus is a big part of using it. Even for navigation, using the buttons gets old really fast, and the new toolbar functionality, which is very handy, would be unusable without the stylus.

And frankly, considering how much the device costs anyway nowadays, trying to shave off a little of the price for a rather substantial loss in functionality just doesn't make sense.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote