Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #136
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@pghaworth: Same root (ha! pun intended) issue as the rest of the havoc caused by FW 5.6.1, KUAL (and thus, and more importantly, what it runs) doesn't run as root anymore, and as such doesn't have the permissions required to do most of the stuff we assumed we could do before.

TL;DR: Right now, most KUAL scripts are broken on FW 5.6.1.
I updated my PW2 upgrade overview this morning to include a reference to "De-Bricking" a PW2 over the serial port.
Some might consider having 5.6.1 installed on a PW2 a "Bricked" situation.

That reference requires a "main" file system image.
I haven't checked, but don't we have pre-5.6.1 forensic images posted for debricking?
If not, we probably should.

I am not sure how we will handle the KT2 forensic images for debricking -
It first hit the streets running 5.6.1

Maybe a KT + early PW2 cross-breed image?
Not certain - it is on my list of things to check into (since I seem to have the only disassembled KT2 here ).

Last edited by knc1; 11-18-2014 at 12:07 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #137
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: We don't really need anything special, since the official updates ship with a full rootfs, so, just pick one >= 5.3.2 .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #138
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
I have a doubt. If I comment or delete the lines with "OTA" word in "/etc/todo/handler_registry.conf", this should be enough to stop OTA updates from Amazon, isn't it?
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #139
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@knc1: We don't really need anything special, since the official updates ship with a full rootfs, so, just pick one >= 5.3.2 .
We can't just copy it, but we could certainly make an mmcblk0p1 image out of the contents.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #140
spinda
spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle PW1/2/3/4/5, KV, KT2, K2
Does this work properly on 5.6.1(.0.2)?
spinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 02:13 AM   #141
iGold
iGold began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
@spinda: no, my Kindle upgraded from 5.6.1 to 5.6.1.0.2 with installed extension and locked door.

As I can see in 5.6.1 com.lab126.ota was renamed to com.lab126.otav1 in /etc/todo/handler_registry.conf, so lock.sh/unlock.sh needs to be patched.
iGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:16 AM   #142
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Thanks for the hint, the new version 12 now looks for ^com.lab126.ota.*$
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:17 AM   #143
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Version 12:
Should work on 5.6.1x
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:03 AM   #144
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Thanks for the hint, the new version 12 now looks for ^com.lab126.ota.*$
I'm not a guru of regex, but shouldn't string:

com.lab126.otav1

Escape the regex: ^com.lab126.ota.*$ because of the fact that you put a dot after 'ota' and before '*'?
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #145
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

dot means 'any character', so, nope, it's good .
Old 12-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #146
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then why use . AND *?
Aren't they redundant?
Old 12-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #147
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Ruskie_it: * means '(previous) character appears zero or multiple times' . Hence .* basically matches anything, or nothing. regex is not shell globbing .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-20-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #148
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
@Ruskie_it: * means '(previous) character appears zero or multiple times' . Hence .* basically matches anything, or nothing. regex is not shell globbing .
In other words, I have to do my homework
Too much time without tinkering with os scripting at all. :P
Old 12-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #149
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
In other words, I have to do my homework
Too much time without tinkering with os scripting at all. :P
Code:
man 7 regex
In a terminal on a full *nix install or in your favorite web search engine:
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/regex.7.html
Old 12-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #150
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Yeah yeah, there are plenty of resources for that, and I have my very own on work laptop somewhere... it's just so much time I don't use it.

Tags
k3 k4 k5 kpw backdoorlock