Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Firmware 2.1.1 and Kobo Desktop

Prior to the 2.1.1 update, I'd plug in my Touch, start Desktop, and Desktop would sync itself and then sync the Touch.

Since the update, Desktop only partially recognizes the Touch. When I click the eReader tab it correctly identifies the updated Touch, shows the last book downloaded (by WiFi), and can eject the Touch. But it won't sync the Touch.

So the only way I can download new purchases is by WiFi. Which makes Desktop unnecessary.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Tom K.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
I didn't realize 2.1.1 had been officially released yet?
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
I didn't realize 2.1.1 had been officially released yet?
Released in Japan recently and someone posted a link in the Firmware 2.0 thread. I've had no problems with it, except for a partial incompatibility with Kobo Desktop. But others have had various problems.

No date for a release in the rest of the world, but the Kobo project manager in this forum says it's not too far off.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I think perhaps that maybe you've found us the answer to why it hasn't yet been released everywhere else...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
someone posted a link in the Firmware 2.0 thread.
Ahh OK. I personally don't touch any firmware that isn't officially released. There's enough trouble as it is with the official released versions.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe try a logout from the desktop followed by a login?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
tkavan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I think perhaps that maybe you've found us the answer to why it hasn't yet been released everywhere else...
Could be! Though I have to say I've had no other problems, and it does speed up page turns.

So I have to hope that the delay is caused by Kobo adding in all the other features that members have been asking for!!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
tkavan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Maybe try a logout from the desktop followed by a login?
Thanks Peter, but I've just tried that and nothing changed. Guess I'll just have to wait for the official 2.x release in this part of the world.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Anybody experiencing problems with Kobo Desktop 3.1? Yesterday I used it for the first time in a couple weeks to see if there was any firmware-updating activity. It crashed twice, so I redownloaded and reinstalled, and again it crashed. The crash comes after sync'ing, or maybe while trying to complete a sync, so I have to eject via Windows Explorer. However, Kobo Desktop is also crashing when the KT is not connected.

Reminds me of 1983 or 1995 or another year in the misty early history of tech.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote