Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
nadolax
nadolax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Unhappy PRS-505 Battery life dwindling

I bought my Sony PRS-505 about a year and a half ago. The other day I gave it a full charge but for some reason the battery only lasts like 100 page turns. It used to perform way better than that (obviously). Yesterday I did a full charge again and the same thing is happening.

Any suggestions?

I'm wondering if a hard reset or formatting the machine will help fix this problem.

Thanks,

Jon
nadolax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Not knowing the history of how deeply you discharge the battery, or how often you charge it, it's hard to say what the problem is. For starters, read the other recent thread about the PRS350 battery.

It is possible that your usage pattern has led to such a short lifespan on the battery. It is also possible that you are just unlucky and got a bum battery. Heat will also greatly shorten the life of a Lithium battery. They love the cold, however.

If you feel you have nothing to lose, you might try JUST ONE deep discharge and full recharge cycle to see if things improve. If you do this, make sure to charge the battery longer than you think necessary (overnight is good). If this procedure works, don't repeat it, but do follow the recommendations in the other thread.

If you need a new battery, there are places to buy one online. I'm sure someone else on MR can tell you how to open your reader. OTOH, now you have an excuse to buy a new PRS650

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
505, battery, battery life, sony