Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
What's your best USA news app for Android phone

It's probably easier for me to Google this, and faster, but I would like to know from real people, not journalist, what's the most comprehensive and stable news app for Android Cellphone.

I've tried a couple and had some issues. So would like to double check and validate others opinion.

By the way, I know there a few nice apps for European news but I'm interested on the USA ones.

"News freak here" :-)
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
BBC News.

To be a bit more serious I set Google News to my home page on my computer, phone, Xoom.

It can be customized etc. http://news.google.com

Last edited by kennyc; 10-15-2011 at 12:46 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Google News? hmmm, interesting , let me take a look ...

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
Joseph R
Zealot
Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kobo Glo HD
There is Pulse, which is a great news aggregator, that allows to choose which websites, news site or RSS you want to subscribe to and display a thumbnail of each article. I use it every day on my Thrive. Very good app!
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph R View Post
There is Pulse, which is a great news aggregator, that allows to choose which websites, news site or RSS you want to subscribe to and display a thumbnail of each article. I use it every day on my Thrive. Very good app!
Thanks Joseph.

Yes, I tried that one. Really nice on my iPad but kind of small and busy interface for my Android cellphone.

Testing right now: USA Today, AP mobile and World News.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
ac9ts
Enthusiast
ac9ts began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
My favorite is News360. There's a version for phones and tablets. Free too! It displays the headline and story and also lists other news outlets (with links) to read their accounts of the same headline. Very nice app.

Last edited by ac9ts; 10-16-2011 at 10:00 PM.
ac9ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I use News Republic, they have Categories like USA, Technology, World or you can choose to view all of them by Votes (You can vote an article up or down) or Date. I don't really like the fox news app because it just takes you to their website.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph R View Post
Another vote for Pulse. I use it all the time on my Nook Color and iPod touch. Would love to see it for the HP TouchPad, but doubt that'll ever happen.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I use pulse, not really a news app, but a great rss reader.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote