Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Kohl's has a deal or two.

They are selling off their ereaders, the main one is the Pandigital white/7 inch for 59.99. The six inch is 75 or so and the other one is 75 - Liberato or something like that.

Have read of several around the country finding stores with minimum stock today.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks for the heads up! I was able to get a Pandigital 7" tonight!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Don't see them on their website. Can you post a link if you have one? Or is this in store only?
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
From what I heard at Watchung, they're clearing out remaining store stock.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
From what I heard at Watchung, they're clearing out remaining store stock.
Thanks. I guess that explains why none on website.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Was just at my local Kohl's last night. They had five of the Liberatos (?).

Was wondering if Overdrive library ebooks can be read on it?
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I think you mean Literati. I would avoid those like the plague. The reviews were horrible.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
I think you mean Literati. I would avoid those like the plague. The reviews were horrible.

That explains the sale!

good to know, thanks.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I believe the Literati does support Adobe DRM, so yes you should be able to read Ovedrive ebooks on the device.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseShan View Post
That explains the sale!

good to know, thanks.
I bought the Literati (sp?) last year, and couldn't do wifi. Computer wouldn't recognize it to add any books. Returned to Kohl's next day. What a piece of junk! Bought the Pandigital Novel & love it! Thanks to Xanthe's help I made it an android tablet/reader .
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
They are selling off their ereaders, the main one is the Pandigital white/7 inch for 59.99. The six inch is 75 or so and the other one is 75 - Liberato or something like that.
Thanks! Snagged the 7" for $59.99, I'm thrilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
I bought the Literati (sp?) last year, and couldn't do wifi. Computer wouldn't recognize it to add any books. Returned to Kohl's next day. What a piece of junk! Bought the Pandigital Novel & love it! Thanks to Xanthe's help I made it an android tablet/reader .
Looking forward to hacking this, with some trepidation. I've done some looking around here--will a total noob be able to figure out where to go from the posts in the Android forum?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
it's pretty easy, issy:

http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=7942.0

I am not adept and had no problems.

The various custom firmwares are all supposed to be pretty good. They're probably you're best bet to start with (nchntrman's is pretty much all-in-one and the least buggy)

I chose to update to the November official pandigital firmware (because of reports that the reader works better in it) and I added the alternate homescreen patch, the volume key patch, and the "change the SDK to 8" patch so I could add Adobe X pdf reader.

I use mine exclusively as an ereader and it works great. The built in reader works very well for ePubs and officially released PDF books. Adobe X handles scanned pdfs like a champ.

Good luck and congrats on a great buy.
(I'm so happy that back in Sept I planned to get a K3 for 140 bucks, but it's worked out that I got both an eink reader and a little tablet/PDF reader for less than that price combined!)

Last edited by soondai; 01-06-2011 at 07:17 PM.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, soondai. I appreciate the input, especially about the PDN firmware, and you give me some confidence. I'm totally new to this, but for a $60 investment I figured I can risk it.

And congrats in turn! Don't you love a bargain?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #14
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
it's pretty easy, issy:

http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=7942.0

I am not adept and had no problems.

The various custom firmwares are all supposed to be pretty good. They're probably you're best bet to start with (nchntrman's is pretty much all-in-one and the least buggy)

I chose to update to the November official pandigital firmware (because of reports that the reader works better in it) and I added the alternate homescreen patch, the volume key patch, and the "change the SDK to 8" patch so I could add Adobe X pdf reader.

I use mine exclusively as an ereader and it works great. The built in reader works very well for ePubs and officially released PDF books. Adobe X handles scanned pdfs like a champ.

Good luck and congrats on a great buy.
(I'm so happy that back in Sept I planned to get a K3 for 140 bucks, but it's worked out that I got both an eink reader and a little tablet/PDF reader for less than that price combined!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found a new Pandigital Novel 7" ereader @ Kohl's today for $59.99 - since I already have one this is a backup.

My current one has the 9/23 PDN update, along with the nchntrman's 9/23 android program for the PDN. I upgraded the microSD and SD cards with 16 GB (class 10) cards, as the max the PDN will accept is 32 GB.

Everything is working well. I can access the android programs and the PDN programs whenever I want. As the PDN already has the Barnes and Noble ebook access, my freebie library is stocked to the gills. With the nchntrman's programming I was able to add the Kindle app, as well as the ereader (ereader/fictionwise) android app so I can read the few .pdb formatted books I couldn't read on my Sony reader. The Kindle app works well, syncs fast with their service, and I'm excited with getting many new Kindle freebies and free classics.

Last edited by bookratt; 01-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #15
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Fantastic news about the Kindle app. The PDN already was appealing since I have a Nook, so my B&N library will be right at home.

I'm thinking I have to go back to Kohl's tomorrow, maybe pick up another! Still not 100% confident of my skillz here, so a backup would give me a little security.