Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2024, 02:18 PM   #1
Legoless
Legoless began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Are the Bookmark fields in the KoboReader.sqlite standardized across book formats?

Hi folks,

Are annotations stored in the KoboReader.sqlite file (Bookmark table data) in a consistent format? I am unable to verify myself because I currently have 27 books on my Kobo, which are all from the same publisher in EPUB format so I cannot determine whathow annotations are stored for kepubs, PDFs, EPUBs from other publishers etc.

Is the format of various fields of the Bookmarks (ex. ContentID, StartContainerPath) consistent?

Thanks,
Legoless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:36 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legoless View Post
Hi folks,

Are annotations stored in the KoboReader.sqlite file (Bookmark table data) in a consistent format? I am unable to verify myself because I currently have 27 books on my Kobo, which are all from the same publisher in EPUB format so I cannot determine whathow annotations are stored for kepubs, PDFs, EPUBs from other publishers etc.

Is the format of various fields of the Bookmarks (ex. ContentID, StartContainerPath) consistent?

Thanks,
They are all different, other than the contentid of the base file.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2024, 07:21 PM   #3
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legoless View Post
The hard thing is to get the correct BookID, VolumeID and ContentID based on the format. Once you get that, extracting an annotation, dogear or highlight is quite easy. Have a look into this script: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=349637
qkqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 04:12 PM   #4
LuisNeto
LuisNeto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi, Legoless. I have been working on the development of a program for importing from Kobo e-readers to calibre, and I have realised yesterday that there are differences in the format of those values between the EPUB and KEPUB formats.
The values of StartContainerPath and EndContainerPath look very different.
Example:
  • EPUB: epub/text/endnotes-2.xhtml#point(/1/4/2/4/38/1:6)
  • KEPUB: span#kobo\.153\.1

For items purchased in the Kobo store, there is an additional difference: the VolumeID is not a file path like file:///mnt/onboard/filename.epub but a UUID. By extension, the ContentID is also different.
LuisNeto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, bookmark, highlight, koboreader.sqlite, note