Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
I upgraded my 6 month old Touch for a Glo. I use the light a lot more often then I thought I would. I really am glad I upgraded. I do read a lot in bed. But even still use the light during the day too. Page turns are much faster. I do find its a superior reader to the touch. Dont regret the upgrade at all. Sold my touch for $60 to help offset the cost.
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #17
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
Page turns are much faster. I do find its a superior reader to the touch. Dont regret the upgrade at all.
Is the faster page turn compared to the newest firmware of the touch, or to version 2.0.0? If it's compared to the latter, I can imagine, pageturns were really not very good with that. If compared to version 2.1.4/2.1.5 it obiously would be because of the faster processor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
Sold my touch for $60 to help offset the cost.
Smart. If someone would like to buy mine for an acceptable amount (including accesories) I would certainly consider it (This is NOT an offer ).

Theo
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #18
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
I thought that you would give me sound and rational reasoning on how to proceed without getting caught in the "Gotta Have New Tech " mode .However it just seems that you are all just as bad as I am .

No wonder I like being a member here!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll take an objective look at one at Chapters and consider putting my Christmas gift cards towards one , MAYBE !!!!!!!

TCB
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by echwel View Post
If someone would like to buy mine for an acceptable amount (including accesories) I would certainly consider it (This is NOT an offer ).

Theo
Ebay is your friend.
I sold my son's Nook 1st Gen, gave him my Nook Touch, added £10 and bought the Glo for myself (I bought it because of the light, the extra resolution and the better adjust-ability of the fonts).
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
Ebay is your friend.
I sold my son's Nook 1st Gen, gave him my Nook Touch, added £10 and bought the Glo for myself (I bought it because of the light, the extra resolution and the better adjust-ability of the fonts).
I know. In NL we have Marktplaats.nl (Marketplace), which is definitely not my friend. I only seem te get rid of things that I want to give away..., which I most certainly will not do with my Touch at this moment in time
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #21
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cod Father View Post
I thought that you would give me sound and rational reasoning on how to proceed without getting caught in the "Gotta Have New Tech " mode ...
Cod Father, here is another rational reason. It's the economy.

I noticed that you live in Canada.

Well then, it is your duty, it is your responsibility, it is your destiny (hmm, is this a bit too much?) to buy a Kobo Glo as you would be supporting the Canadian economy.
Think of all the children that will have a goose this Christmas because you bought a Glo (you could equally think about next Christmas if you want to wait until the January sales).

Go on, get a Glo!

Please ignore the fact that Kobo is no longer a Canadian owned company. No geese were harmed or intended to be harmed by this text, the geese referred to were for illustration purposes only and suitable substitutions may be used instead provided the child is not named Tim Cratchit.This does not affect your statutory rights.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #22
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Buy the Glo or the Goose gets it!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #23
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Buy the Glo or the Goose gets it!
Well with such a well presented and clearly thought argument ,how could I not

TCF
Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #24
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I have a Kobo Wi-Fi, Kobo Touch, and Kobo Glo. I couldn't stand the D-pad on the Kobo Wi-Fi, and hardly ever used it -- what a terrible ergonomic design (of course, it wasn't Kobo's design; there were several ereaders on the market then, including the Foxit eSlick, all using the same basic hardware licensed from the same manufacturer). The Touch is nice, but the additional money for the lighting on the Glo is totally, totally worth it, in my opinion (plus, the unit is shorter, and that's nice, too).
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
The Cod Father
Enthusiast

RobertJSawyer

Thanks for the honest reply .

this is the kind of feedback that is so great about the members and why I came here in the first place .

It also adresses a question I had as well .

TCF
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by echwel View Post
Is the faster page turn compared to the newest firmware of the touch, or to version 2.0.0? If it's compared to the latter, I can imagine, pageturns were really not very good with that. If compared to version 2.1.4/2.1.5 it obiously would be because of the faster processor.

The Glo is faster. Period. Regardless of firmware when it comes to the touch vs Glo. Hope thy helps.
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #27
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Gotta agree with Rob Sawyer - The front light is well worth the additional cost, wasn't sure how much I was going to use it but it turns out I use it nearly every day (Easier than turning a lamp on and trying to angle the reader to catch the light)
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote