Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #20311
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Just put on a pair of pints from a couplenof weeks ago
and found five bucks. (happy)
is that what britches are downunder?!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #20312
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
is that what britches are downunder?!
Don'tcha just LOVE those autocomplete thingies?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #20313
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Autocomplete thingies downunder instead of doing it by hand... Ambiguities running wild
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #20314
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Don'tcha just LOVE those autocomplete thingies?
Yep, the iPad strikes again. I read where a bloke texted his mom and said he was gay. She replied she knew all along. He wasn't,his iPhone decided he was.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #20315
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It's 2.30 am and I was doing some breathing exercises in bed to calm down since I've had an elevated heart rate all evening and night (probably the stress from the root canal thing earlier this week finding it's vent). I was finally starting to relax when I heard a tick-tick-ticking between the outer wall and inner wall.

The leaky roof was supposed to have been fixed. Since all the broken/cracked tiles have been replaced it can only be the window in the roof. The old one has been replaced, but not by one that fits properly. My father had researched which one would fit, gave the order number to the roofers to get but apparently they didn't get that one and only informed my father of the fact after they have "glued" in the not fitting one. Or it could be that the surround of the window is leaky.

So now I'm up and waiting for the rain to stop (estimated around 4.30am). I don't think I'll get my heart rate to slow down much tonight!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #20316
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It's 2.30 am and I was doing some breathing exercises in bed to calm down since I've had an elevated heart rate all evening and night (probably the stress from the root canal thing earlier this week finding it's vent). I was finally starting to relax when I heard a tick-tick-ticking between the outer wall and inner wall.

The leaky roof was supposed to have been fixed. Since all the broken/cracked tiles have been replaced it can only be the window in the roof. The old one has been replaced, but not by one that fits properly. My father had researched which one would fit, gave the order number to the roofers to get but apparently they didn't get that one and only informed my father of the fact after they have "glued" in the not fitting one. Or it could be that the surround of the window is leaky.

So now I'm up and waiting for the rain to stop (estimated around 4.30am). I don't think I'll get my heart rate to slow down much tonight!
Arggh! Can you figure out a tune to hummmmm which is in time with the drips?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #20317
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Arggh! Can you figure out a tune to hummmmm which is in time with the drips?
Not really.
I had a look last night and found a damp spot on the wood above and to the right of the window, so that isn't it. This afternoon I went upstairs and underneath the windows it was now wet too and it was leaking from the top of the roof, though that is probably the path of least resistance. I put a bucket underneath the window so it won't go through the floor and my ceiling, too. It looks like it might be one of the cap/top tiles that has problems because the damp spot is high up. It wasn't even really raining today or last night, it was just drizzling. Considering it used to leak only either with harder rain or when the wind came from a certain direction they didn't fix it but made it worst!

So, tomorrow we're going to call the roofers again, hopefully it won't take 10 weeks to get them to fix it now. Just in case it's dry when they come I've marked the damp spot with some chalk.

It's not (audibly) dripping now but there's more rain/drizzle to come later during the night, just in case I've set up my comfy chair and footrest in my other room if the dripping gets too annoying.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #20318
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Thought I'd bring you all up to date with my back problems (because my wife and kids are fed up of my moaning).

Some time ago, I visited the doctor with a bad back. They advised me to, basically, go away and take pain killers for a few weeks and see what happened. That was some weeks ago now, and I still can't sit do anything much other than lie flat for any great period of time. My work have been very understanding and I've not had to travel a lot. This weekend though I drove up to visit my Mum and Dad about 150 miles away. Coming back, without a word of a lie, I was seriously considering just coasting into the car in front when traffic slowed because hitting the brake just caused so much pain!

I am so pissed off with this constant pain now
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #20319
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Oh, man. Back pain is the pits. I'm subject to sporadic bouts of it, but nothing approaching the intensity you've described. I hope you find relief soon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #20320
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
It sounds as if you need a second opinion. Good luck with it.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #20321
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Back pain is awful. I find car journeys are the worst for bringing it on. I found a Chiropractor did wonders for me, and haven't really suffered for about 3 years since a course of treatment.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #20322
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Oh, man. Back pain is the pits. I'm subject to sporadic bouts of it, but nothing approaching the intensity you've described. I hope you find relief soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
It sounds as if you need a second opinion. Good luck with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Back pain is awful. I find car journeys are the worst for bringing it on. I found a Chiropractor did wonders for me, and haven't really suffered for about 3 years since a course of treatment.
Thanks all for your kind words. I am indeed going to seek a referral to somebody who can provide something other than pain relief.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #20323
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Thought I'd bring you all up to date with my back problems (because my wife and kids are fed up of my moaning).

Some time ago, I visited the doctor with a bad back. They advised me to, basically, go away and take pain killers for a few weeks and see what happened. That was some weeks ago now, and I still can't sit do anything much other than lie flat for any great period of time. My work have been very understanding and I've not had to travel a lot. This weekend though I drove up to visit my Mum and Dad about 150 miles away. Coming back, without a word of a lie, I was seriously considering just coasting into the car in front when traffic slowed because hitting the brake just caused so much pain!

I am so pissed off with this constant pain now
You might want to investigate Pilates exercise - it was designed to help people with back injuries to recover and lose the pain - strengthen the back without strain.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #20324
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Seven years ago I was told that I needed to have my L4 and L5 vertebra fused, and the spinal cord channel surgically enlarged by curettage. And that this 'might' stop the pain. No guaranties. This diagnosis was made by the Orthopedic surgeon who did the back surgery for the Queen of Thailand... no piker, this one. But I didn't want to walk around like Ed Sullivan, or take the chance that it might or might not work. So instead, I just loaded up with pain meds and stay flat on my back as much as possible. Of course I couldn't ride motorcycles, scuba dive, or even climb the stairs to the bedroom..

Then I had one of those life-changing little coincidences... I met Dr. Jolie Bookspan. She had called upon me to take one of the courses I was offering, and during our conversations, I just happened ask jokingly if she had a spare back she could lend to me... And she proceeded to teach me how to fix my back. No more pain. No surgery. Just correctly working parts. Period.

Jolie and her husband have become our close friends. She is one of the warmest, nicest, and most knowledgeable medical people I know, and is truly thrilled when she is able to help someone fix their own pain. She has written quite a few books (I've helped her with the graphics in some, and posed for example pics in others,) for sale, but at the same time, she's put all the information in those books on her web site just in case there are folks who can't afford to buy the books but need the help!

Jolie is a young woman with more energy, more knowledge, more devotion to patient success, and more willingness to help (rather than desire to make money) than anyone I've ever run across in the medical profession.
By the way... for you scuba divers out there... Jolie is the person who wrote the book (literally) on decompression medicine. She's the person who figured out all the tables of required times for the Deco Chamber!

Do a Google search for "Jolie Bookspan" There is no reason for you to still be in pain.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #20325
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
No ebooks? You've got to tell your friend to get on the stick!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness