Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #31
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Personally, I can't see anybody other than Nadal or Djokovic winning it.

Federer, imho, is past his best and Murray just doesn't seem to be quite good enough (best British player for a long time, but not up there with Nadal, Djokovic or Federer in his prime - yet). I don't think any of the others are capable of upsetting the top four just yet either.

Looking forward to watching it though.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #32
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Looking forward to Serena's match today. I do not recognize her opponent so I have no idea what to think.

Murray plays Nalbandian tomorrow. I am really curious/nervous. I hope he does well.

I'm neither a Djokovic nor a Nadal fan per se. I don't have anything against either one of them..I'm just not a fan. If I had to choose, however, I would prefer Djokovic - I've enjoyed watching him more than I have Nadal.

Oh, my earlier post just reminded me of someone...what happened to Sam Querry? Where has he been?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #33
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Injured. Elbow surgery. He hasn't played since before Wimbledon.

Apparently he's been hitting, but that was a news story from the end of July.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #34
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Injured. Elbow surgery. He hasn't played since before Wimbledon.

Apparently he's been hitting, but that was a news story from the end of July.
Aww! I remember hearing about his being injured some time ago, but I didn't realize the severity. I wish him a full recovery.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #35
Nyssa
Series Addict

I can not believe this! I've waited all day for this match and now its storming...interrupting our satellite signal...aaaarrrrgggg!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #36
Nyssa
Series Addict

So...after following most of the match via scores online, I have to say that Murray is not the only roller-coaster operator right now.

Serena was up 6'3 4'1 and all of a sudden just sputtered...next thing I know the score is 6'3 5'5... with Serena being broken twice in a row! They get to a tie where she finally wins it 6'3 7(7)'6(5).

I hope her next match isn't tomorrow (I'm not sure how they do it in Cinci). We both need to catch our breaths!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #37
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stepanek with another win. This time against Isner.

Del Potro isn't looking like much of a threat after last night aginst Federer 3 and 4 is pretty routine. He hasn't beaten a player ranked in a tournament since May.

Blake with another win.

And Dr. Ivo with a win last night.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #38
Nyssa
Series Addict

Andy Murray is playing now, and according to the score board (the game is not yet being televised) it doesn't look good...Nalbandian broke him in his first service game, and despite double-faulting a million times, Andy was unable to break back. I hope Murray finds his rhythm soon!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #39
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Murray needs to figure out he's not holding a spaghetti strainer.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #40
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Just read that Lleyton Hewitt got a wild card entry for the US Open. Nice.

Fish just destroyed Davydenko.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #41
Nyssa
Series Addict

Serena has just withdrawn from Cincinnati. She plans to rest for a few days and then resume preparing for the USO. I wish her a speedy, and complete recovery!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #42
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Well, Murray just broke back. It does look sluggish though...

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #43
Nyssa
Series Addict

Andy able to finally put a good string of games together, and wins the first set 6'4! Yay!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #44
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Good win for Murray in the end. A classic Murray pattern to the match, really: a slow start, a surge to win the first set, followed by a convincing win in the second.

Well, back on track for now, at least!

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #45
Nyssa
Series Addict

Unable to watch Andy's match as ESPN2 is showing Nadal v Vedasco instead. Plus, the forum on Andy's site has been shut down.