Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 04:19 AM   #16
oliwek
oliwek began at the beginning.

Device: Asus TF101, Nexus S, PRS-T1, eee-pc 701, IBM X41 (ubuntu)
I have just recieved mine one hour ago... you use froyo on a V7? how does it play? I suppose flash 10 support is problematic, isn't it?
still have to tinker with mine, I have never used android before, so it's discovery time.
oliwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I don't know the details on either of these, but personally I'm not going to buy any mid 6/7/8/9 inch) android device until version 3.0 is released which officially handles the larger screens...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #18
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
Mine is a SmartQ7 not a SmartQ V7. However if you have a look at the smartqMid forums (sorry dont have a link) they might have firmware there
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:35 AM   #19
oliwek
oliwek began at the beginning.

Device: Asus TF101, Nexus S, PRS-T1, eee-pc 701, IBM X41 (ubuntu)
Thank you, I updated the firmwares to last ubuntu (5.5 updated) and android (2.1 v2) proposed on the official support site (chinese version, the english one is not up to date). Really pleased with the last android firmware by the way, really better than what I had initially (android 2.1 v1 I think).
I have to look for some info though (sudo apt-get update seems to freeze in ubuntu ; android market downloads also past the initial connection, but there are some good apps preinstalled, and alternative ways to get other ones).
oliwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #20
jimgb07
BUYaDROID/shop owner
jimgb07 began at the beginning.

Device: G11-X5A
Hi...

Just a couple thoughts...

There are a couple that play Movies with not problem, and of course do Ebooks, pdf, comics etc... depending on the reader you install.

There are the cheap price alternatives, like the EKENS. True, less power, but also LESS PRICE, and still gets the job done. Very big forums following. There is even a working 8" screen model M003 for about $145

there are the middle road, which I personally own-- the G11-X5A . It's got a metal/glass top. Batteries last forever, handles all movies has a HDMI Port. and again, ebooks are based on what reader you install. In around $188

High end are the WiTS A81e that some mentioned. Price is about $250 AND you need to install custom firmware, updates etc... to make it work well.

I should mention you can upgrade the Roms in the ekens and G11 very easily for added performance too.

(see my profile for a safe store link)
jimgb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #21
Simyager
Simyager began at the beginning.

Device: none
SmartQ V7 vs A81E

How is the battery life on the SmartQ V7 and are the OSes as fluid as on the A81E and where did you guys get it?

The battery life on A81E on Android 2.2 50% brightness:
4-5hours video playback with wifi
6-7 hours (video?) without wifi
source: digital8.org/reviews/wits-a81e-review-1767.html

And does anyone have a good place where to buy them? And has anyone have good experiences with www.eletroworld.cn .

What I love about A81E is GPS and replaceable battery, what I like about SmartQ V7 is Ubuntu,USB Host which recognizes USB-dongles,HDMI-out and btw how is the quality of HDMI?
Simyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:23 AM   #22
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simyager View Post
How is the battery life on the SmartQ V7 and are the OSes as fluid as on the A81E and where did you guys get it?

The battery life on A81E on Android 2.2 50% brightness:
4-5hours video playback with wifi
6-7 hours (video?) without wifi
source: digital8.org/reviews/wits-a81e-review-1767.html

And does anyone have a good place where to buy them? And has anyone have good experiences with www.eletroworld.cn .

What I love about A81E is GPS and replaceable battery, what I like about SmartQ V7 is Ubuntu,USB Host which recognizes USB-dongles,HDMI-out and btw how is the quality of HDMI?
V7 with ubuntu recognizes USB-dongles, and usb hub, wireless mouse, keyboard all in the same hub, at the same time.

I use ubuntu+xournal to annotate pdf, it works fine (well, some times crashes with a 16 MB, 220 pages pdf )

I browse the web with dolphin in android.

And, finally, I read comics with MMCE in CE.

There are issues with SDHC class 10 16 GB, recognized in android and ubuntu, not in CE.

Unable to use an external keyb in android or CE via usb, bluetooth not tested.

A2DP bluetooth works in android.

battery life, may be 6-7 hours of normal use, battery metter very inaccurate, different stock OSes report different remaining battery, android>linux>CE.

Follow this link if you want to boot CE http://www.smartqmid.com/phpBB3/view...hp?f=21&t=1992

HDMI not tested yet

Gps tested with ubuntu & TangoGPS, works.

Regards
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote