Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #31
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'm not reading more this year or more because of ebooks or MR-- it's hard to imagine what my life would be like if I were reading any more than I have been. (Maybe I'd be thinner, because I wouldn't have time to eat!)

But I wonder if more people are turning to reading because it can be less expensive than other forms of entertainment?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #32
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm reading about the same with possibly a bit more due to the Kindle. MobileRead is definitley broadening my horizons. And it is leading me to start writing again.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 04:13 AM   #33
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm not reading more, but I'm reading a broader selection of books.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:02 AM   #34
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Are you reading more than you did in 2002?
Don't think that's possible. I'm actually reading less, because I have less time to read these days. We bought a house 2 years ago and are still busy rebuilding it.

* Do you read more because of e-books?
Initially, I read much more when I got my first Loox. At least, once I figured out I could read books on it. A year after I got that Loox, I decided to buy a new PDA, one that would be much better for ebook reading (which is my current Loox).

* Do you read more because of MobileRead.com?
Nope, I've not been here that long

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I can't say I read MORE in terms of hours, 'cause I've always been an avid reader; but I am buying and reading more books (as opposed to re-reading existing ones), largely they are cheaper than paperbacks and also I don't have to worry about them taking up valuable space.
This is the same for me. It's not that I'm reading more, but rather from a bigger selection. The library in my town didn't have a good selection, so I gave up on that. And buying books here can be a very expensive hobby (with fixed prices for books, there is not a lot of competition). And don't even mention space...
(btw, our books have been packed for almost two years after our move, so I'm so happy with ebook )
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote