Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #151
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do get it. I just don't think the people chosen for the roles fit my perception of the characters as described. I'm not saying they cannot act the parts. Just physically, they don't fit.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #152
Zedd
Enthusiast
Zedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Well you are certainly entitled to an opinion, but you were saying putting those actors on the cover of the books would not work to sell books.

That is different then just saying you do not think the actors fit.
Zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #153
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedd View Post
Well you are certainly entitled to an opinion, but you were saying putting those actors on the cover of the books would not work to sell books.

That is different then just saying you do not think the actors fit.
True that. But I do think That once people read the books with the new covers (if they get changed) that some will think they don't fit how they are described inside. This is just my opinion and anyone else can feel free to disagree.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #154
Zedd
Enthusiast
Zedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enough

lol, well by then they have already purchased the book, so it does not matter

Also, no one will ever match what people think, everyone has their own opinion.

This is why you never see an upclose pictire of kahlan on any cover. Terry did not want her on there.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #155
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
lol, well by then they have already purchased the book, so it does not matter

Also, no one will ever match what people think, everyone has their own opinion.

This is why you never see an closeup picture of kahlan on any cover. Terry did not want her on there.
The actress playing Kahlan does not look sexy enough to be Kahlan. She's described as more of a goddess and the actress is a bit too plain looking to be what's described.

But yeah, they will have at least bought one of the books. I'm glad I got the original covers as I didn't get to have anyone else tell me what they look like other then the author since what's in the book doens't match the series (IMHO).
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #156
Zedd
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The actress playing Kahlan does not look sexy enough to be Kahlan. She's described as more of a goddess and the actress is a bit too plain looking to be what's described.

But yeah, they will have at least bought one of the books. I'm glad I got the original covers as I didn't get to have anyone else tell me what they look like other then the author since what's in the book doens't match the series (IMHO).

actually Terry hated the original WFR cover which is why he had it redone a few years ago.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 AM   #157
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
actually Terry hated the original WFR cover which is why he had it redone a few years ago.
I'll have to have a look at the current cover. I've only seen the original cove.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #158
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Do you know if that means his books were among the most requested at Amazon through their "click here to request this as an ebook," or what? I've been wondering what they do with that data.
I'm glad to see they're listening to requests and actively pursuing authors and publishers. It's my guess that the request link was put in as a response to the many individual email requests they get for books. When they first added it, my optimist side hoped it meant they wanted to store and organize that information to set their priorities. My pessimist side thought maybe they were just trying to unclog customer support's mailbox. Seeing them court Mr. Goodkind the way they have gives my inner optimist a boost. Regardless of whether it came from email requests or the new links, it seems to me a sign that think it's worth their while to listen to the customers and build the catalog we want.

Here's hoping the rising tide lifts all boats and these titles make it to everyone's favorite format soon.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #159
Zedd
Enthusiast

Spoke with Terry again. Yes the book will be released in other formats once the exclusivity period is over. The deal with amazon was in exchange for a great promotin package for the book when it was released on the kindle.

HE will ask his agent for the exact length of that deal. See that is what agents are for
Old 09-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #160
Zedd
Enthusiast

ok. Teh deal is for 6 months (5 months left) and at the end of the deal WFR should be available in most if not all other formats.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #161
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thanks Zedd!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #162
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Are there any plans for other books in the series?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #163
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
ok. Teh deal is for 6 months (5 months left) and at the end of the deal WFR should be available in most if not all other formats.
Will the rest of the series be out as eBooks as well without any exclusive deals with anybody? One of the major issues with eBook sis series where we only get a partial set of eBooks. So it would do WFR a lot better in sales if the rest of the series was released. But they'd have to be released with decent pricing. No higher then $7.99 for sure. It wuld be silly to pay more for the eBook then the pBook.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #164
Zedd
Enthusiast

I can not speak for the rest of the series and any deals that may be made.

I know one issue is Terry owns the rights to some and TOR owns the rights to some of the latter works.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #165
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yeah, I'd like to know about the rest of the series too. I hate it when only partial series are available -- I'd rather not buy any of them.

If Tor owns some of the rights, it's hard to see them being an obstacle -- they've been pretty pro-ebook so far.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!