Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Karl May eBooks - Either in English or German

Anybody know where I can get them? Are there any on the net at all? I'm looking especially for the Winnetou(?) series.
My father really wanted to read them again but couldn't find any in secondhand bookshops in our neighborhood. So I'm thinking of suprising him with one or two if I can find them. A quick Google search didn't help me much, though, And since I don't speak german, that part of the internet is also closed to me .
I hope that our wonderful multicultural community can help .
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Anybody know where I can get them? Are there any on the net at all? I'm looking especially for the Winnetou(?) series.
My father really wanted to read them again but couldn't find any in secondhand bookshops in our neighborhood. So I'm thinking of suprising him with one or two if I can find them. A quick Google search didn't help me much, though, And since I don't speak german, that part of the internet is also closed to me .
I hope that our wonderful multicultural community can help .
Winnetou in German is available on PG: http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/m#a1018
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Print copies at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...rl+May&x=0&y=0
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

DMcCunney: Thanks.
Madam Broshkina: Sadly, I only make batch order from amazon, as the shipping bill alone is over a 100$. Also, I want to convert my father to the eBook way of reading

Edit: Nope, PG only has Winnetou as audio book..

Last edited by Dave Berk; 07-09-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The following site as some of his books in English.

http://karlmay.leo.org/kmg/sprachen/...mlit/index.htm

This site has some of his works in German.

http://karlmay.leo.org/
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Here is a cleaner version of Winnetou.

http://arthursclassicnovels.com/arth.../apache10.html
Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

You can also find Microsoft Reader versions Winnetou versions I-III in German. I ran one through Calibre and it worked perfectly.

http://karlmay.leo.org/kmg/primlit/reise/gr07/index.htm
Old 07-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
Dave Berk
Fanatic

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
Vauh
Zealot
Vauh began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Look here in the board under e-books.
Letter "M" and then May, there are a lot books from Karl May.

Vauh
Vauh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #10
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
In fact, at currently 59 books and stories in a variety of formats, the MobileRead download section is now probably one of the best, most complete sources for German language Karl May books on the net.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All thanks to the sterling efforts of "mtravellerh".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #12
Nemsibooks
Nemsibooks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dont know if your looking for a good selection of English Karl May books but check out Nemsi Books they have over 30 of Karl Mays orignal unabridged translations and they are located in the USA. They also have free german ebooks. http://www.nemsi-books.com
Nemsibooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:06 AM   #13
luther
luther began at the beginning.

Device: none
Karl May ebooks in German

You could download almost all works of Karl May from http://www.karl-may-gesellschaft.de/kmg.htm in German and in different formats.
luther is offline   Reply With Quote