Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
Ebookwise, ebookwise librarian and Vista

I've spent days on this.
I have a new computer with Vista SP1 on it. I did a fresh install so everything was clean and I needed to reinstall my programs
Now I can't get the ebookwise librarian to work.
All I want to do is convert books to .imp format on my computer and upload them from there. I can get the online conversion to work okay, but it takes so damn long I can't see me using that as a primary tool.
Here's what's wrong:
I used both USB drivers, 3.0 and 4.0 and there doesn't seem to be any difference in either. Both recognise the unit when I plug it in the USB port.
I got the unit to communicate with the ebookwise librarian program eventually, by using the workaround on the site - installing the program to a different directory and then, on the unit, using the proxy and ports on the telephone connections page.
But - it won't upload books in the 1150 format, only in the 1200 format and these are no use to me because I'm losing the end of every line when I open the file on the unit.
Can anyone help? Please?
I love my ebookwise but it's gone from being a constant companion to a doorstop in two days.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
lele
lele began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, itouch, PRS 600 & Kindle2
Try this and it should work. Attention Windows Vista Users:
To use the eBookwise Librarian program on Windows Vista, please follow these special instructions:

* When installing the eBookwise Librarian, change the default installation directory to a location that is not under the "C:\Program Files" directory. For example, change "C:\Program Files\eBookwise Librarian" to "C:\eBookwise Librarian".
* On your eBookwise-1150 device, tap the top-left icon (the "ebook guy"), and then tap "Settings". Page down to the "Phone Connection" page, and on that page, check the two proxy boxes toward the bottom. They're labeled "Use HTTP proxy" and "Use proxy for USB". Enter your IP address in the "HTTP proxy address" box. If you don't know your IP address, look for it in the "About..." box on the eBookwise Librarian. Also, set "HTTP proxy port" to 80. Then retry the eBookwise Librarian.

I have to deselect the use http proxy & use proxy for usb, to connect to the online book shelf. Hope this help. More info here, http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?...arianFAQ&si=43
lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
yep

It can be done, I am running Vista and I can confirm mine works.

I did the install in the funky spot of the c:/ebookwise instead of the usual spot in the program files. Why this needed to be done? I don't know other than its a vista thing.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Try now re-installing the eBook Publisher software from ETI as there is a bug that generates REB1200 .imp's even though you have specified EBW1150 .imp's. Generally, installing eBookwise/GEB librarian, BookDesigner or even Mobipocket Creator AFTER eBook Publisher allows that bug to manifest.

Hopefully, now your eBookwise Librarian will be able to see and transfer the EBW1150 .imp files.

As a rule of thumb, always (re-)install eBook Publisher last. Hope this helps!

BTW, have you looked into using Impserve? It's free and way better at transferring and even allows web surfing and on-demand conversions of .prc/.lit/.pdf ebooks!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote