Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Need help un-rooting!

I got a Nook Color, and I love it. I rooted it, and found it to be a larger version of my cell phone, which I don't need. Long story short I tried to restore it to what it was before, and I was mostly successful... I think?

It has 1.0.1 software now, yet says 0.0 of 0.0 MB internal storage is available. I can't update the firmware if I can't copy the file onto the device. I plug it in my laptop and it doesn't show as a disk drive like it used to. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Dumb it down as much as possible. I probably shouldn't have even rooted it since I liked how it was, but you know what they say about curiosity. Thanks in advance for any help.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I've found that the easiest way to do it is to perform a full factory restore. Keep in mind that you will lose ALL data and will need to go through setup again just like the unit came right out of the box originally.

The following procedure is said to work for the Nook Color. I have a Nook Tablet and my procedure is different so I can't confirm whether or not this works but it should. If it doesn't seem to work for you, perform a Google search for :

"Nook Color" Factory Restore

This should give you more than you'll ever need. Good luck.

- Byron

Nook Color Factory Restore

Please follow the steps below to hard reset your NOOK Color. Please note that a hard reset de-registers your device as well as erases all local content such as contacts, sideloaded documents, personal information, 4 digit passcodes, etc. It is recommended that you backup any sideloaded material before continuing.

1. With the NOOK color powered off hold down the n button (home), Vol + button and Power Button until the NOOK color powers on.
2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog.
3. Press n button (home).
4. You will be prompted to confirm.
5. Press n button (home).
6. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOK color will reboot automatically once complete.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the reply. I did this factory reset once and that's how I got it as far restored as it is but it doesn't fix the 0 B storage issue. I just did it again for the hell of it and yeah, didn't help.

I've looked online some and found that a few people have had this issue but I don't really understand what exactly they did to fix it.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n

OK, I got it. WHEW! I updated the firmware to 1.2.0 instead of 1.0.1 and it's fine now. I'm so relieved.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Stensie4JC
Book Diva
Stensie4JC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
How do you hold down all three buttons at once? I've read several versions of how to do this, in different orders.
Stensie4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert