Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
eepiphanies
eepiphanies began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, iPad
Cool Help with the journal?

I really like the journal half of this, but there's a lot left to be desired. It's still not incredibly accurate around the edges, even though I've recalibrated a kajillion times, and it's pretty slow. Is there anyway to make it faster/more accurate? I am new to Android so I'm not sure what can be done as far as maybe like getting rid of stuff on the tablet side to make the reader side faster? Does that even work? Basically any hints or tips anyone has on improving my journal experience would be awesome.
eepiphanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Try MaplePaint on the lcd side works very nicely. On the journal mine is slow though edges are fair. Even in the middle now and then it is less than adequate. I have to keep the writing fairly big.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
eepiphanies
eepiphanies began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, iPad
maple paint is pretty great, except that at random seemingly my lines streak upwards across the screen to the top left corner. I suspect maybe the screen is getting pinched by the case there or something and it gets confused about where input is. What I like about the journal is you don't need to be careful about not letting your palm brush it.

Edit: actually I think it's me hitting the scroll button! Gonna see if that helps.

Last edited by eepiphanies; 09-19-2011 at 04:48 PM.
eepiphanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
To improve accuracy make sure you hold the stylus naturally when touching the calibration dots and NOT straight up at 90 degrees, unless of course this is how you normally write. Also, if you are running Dingo I suggest you consider the upgrade to Ermine which also speeds up response time.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-19-2011 at 05:10 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepiphanies View Post
maple paint is pretty great, except that at random seemingly my lines streak upwards across the screen to the top left corner. I suspect maybe the screen is getting pinched by the case there or something and it gets confused about where input is. What I like about the journal is you don't need to be careful about not letting your palm brush it.

Edit: actually I think it's me hitting the scroll button! Gonna see if that helps.
I found that and it was the touchpad that was my problem. It drove me nuts for several minutes - was about to uninstall :-)
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #6
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
The other thing that affects the speed of notetaking is which background you choose. The more stuff there is in the background template, the slightly slower the writing will be. So, if you can stand to take notes on a blank background, you'll find it a smoother/quicker experience than for example using the graph paper background.

Unfortunately, it seems the pocket edges are a bit laggier and more lacking accuracy around the edges than the big edges in general. The big edges are actually pretty darn good in this respect (though still not *perfect*, of course).

I don't have any actual confirmation, but I don't suspect apps installed on the tablet side are affecting the e-ink journal's performance. The performance reports seem to be fairly standard across the board.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entourage pocket edge, journal