Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #3451
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
This is exciting--and dangerous! There are so many books on my Kobo wishlist that weren't couponable before, and it's so easy to rationalize buying them with a 50% off coupon.
Glad my hubby's asleep....cleaning out my Amazon wishlist at Kobo!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #3452
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
As HarperCollins are now eligible for promo codes I thought I'd have a look at some Ngaio Marsh, then tried Cathy Kelly. Both are HarperCollins, but neither show the spot for promo code to be put in. I'm in Australia. Would someone please be kind enough to try the two below, to see if it is just me or Australia having a problem with these?

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...ng-home-murder
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...ime-homecoming
I'm in the USA and I can't even buy those books. I just get the "This eBook is not currently available." message.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #3453
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Glad my hubby's asleep....cleaning out my Amazon wishlist at Kobo!
Mine isn't and he's grumpy. When he gets mad he cleans and then it's all my fault. I know better than to ask for money right now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #3454
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
I'm in the USA and I can't even buy those books. I just get the "This eBook is not currently available." message.
Isn't it amazing. Australia can't get a discount on them, Finland could buy them with a discount, and USA can't even buy them. Surely life would be easier for all concerned if everything was available to everyone. I've got over being angry about it as I was yesterday
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #3455
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Re: Sept50, anybody else suddenly getting 'unable to apply promo code', [non-agency book]

Hmmm, they must be working on their site, tried it a few times this afternoon. Just now I signed out, back in, and now it's working again [but also the website is now back to old format]!

Last edited by Blue2u; 09-14-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: ETA, working now
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #3456
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The B2S50 is multiple use? I only tried it once and hadn't seen anyone say that it was multiple use.
Thanks for clarifying I hadn't realised it was only single use for that code.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #3457
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
....cleaning out my Amazon wishlist at Kobo!
I'm doing likewise, with some restraint. I've got a couple of "hold" lists where I keep further volumes in a series I've invested in but not yet started, and I'm reluctant to buy more without reading at least the first book.

So, naturally, I've just started reading one of those series. If I like it, I'll pick up the four volumes I don't yet own...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #3458
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I'm doing likewise, with some restraint. I've got a couple of "hold" lists where I keep further volumes in a series I've invested in but not yet started, and I'm reluctant to buy more without reading at least the first book.

So, naturally, I've just started reading one of those series. If I like it, I'll pick up the four volumes I don't yet own...
LOL I have a few like that where I bought several in the series because I caught them very cheaply, but haven't even read the first yet.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #3459
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, this 50% off special has just turned way off for me on the first purchase!!

Great, I thought - an O'Reilly book at 50% off - yep I bought it.

But - Kobo has recently changed it's Aus site to the 'new' look Kobo website and I didn't realise that I was buying a kepub ebook.

I didn't get a choice - and nor do you know it's format even after purchase!!!

Yep, it can only be viewed on the Kobo desktop or on a device - NO epub version offered.

Yucko

So - beware, or caveat emptor as they say in the classics!!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #3460
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Okay, this 50% off special has just turned way off for me on the first purchase!!
Let O'Reilly (and Kobo) know what happened. The O'Reilly books I have purchased from Kobo in the past have been delivered as .zip files. You change the .zip to .epub and they are good to go.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #3461
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:

Great, I thought - an O'Reilly book at 50% off - yep I bought it.

But - Kobo has recently changed it's Aus site to the 'new' look Kobo website and I didn't realise that I was buying a kepub ebook.

I didn't get a choice - and nor do you know it's format even after purchase!!!

Yep, it can only be viewed on the Kobo desktop or on a device - NO epub version offered.
Just replied to you in another thread, but bringing up the point again here:

I still get the old design, but as soon as I get the new one, I am going to contact Kobo customer service about the format of every single bloody purchase I might intend to make. And I think everybody should do this; perhaps that would make them reconsider.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #3462
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Let O'Reilly (and Kobo) know what happened. The O'Reilly books I have purchased from Kobo in the past have been delivered as .zip files. You change the .zip to .epub and they are good to go.
Thanks Taming

I've just sent Kobo Customer Care an email saying that I think that Kobo is in breach of Australian consumer laws because Kobo didn't state a fact pertinent to the sale of an ebook prior to purchase - that is they did not state what format the ebook was in.

I've asked for my money back ....

I'll report back how I get on.

I don't hold an account with O'Reilly, so thank you for alerting me to the fact that they use the .zip format
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #3463
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Just replied to you in another thread, but bringing up the point again here:

I still get the old design, but as soon as I get the new one, I am going to contact Kobo customer service about the format of every single bloody purchase I might intend to make. And I think everybody should do this; perhaps that would make them reconsider.
Out of curiosity, which country are you in?
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #3464
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Germany.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #3465
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I brought it up again with them when they added the link to show what devices each purchase can be read on. My point was that they needed to indicate the drm status and whether the book was reflowable or not. In the old days, that would be epub vs pdf, but that is no longer necessarily the issue these days with reflowable pdf as part of the epub3 standards and fixed format epubs showing up as well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals