Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
"Send to Kindle" app (with QR-Code)

Hi Folks,
So I came across an app you all might find useful... that is if you have a Kindle eReader or for your Kindle 4 Android app.

There is an app called "Send to Kindle" that will send the URL to the Amazon Kindle site and have Amazon create an Azw(mobi) book for your then send it to your kindle. Nice little app if you wish to store an interesting web page into a mobi format, or in the event that you want to read the article on your kindle.

Also the books generated from the amzon site do not crash the K4A app, like personal generated MOBI books.

QR-Code below

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 11-17-2010 at 05:05 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Barcode Scanner works great, but is there any software or apps for PC or Android to turn a link into a barcode / QR Code

Any suggestions ?
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Kevin2960 Well since it's almost Christmas season, I'll respond in the spirit of the "Christmas Story" and refer your answer to the "Secret code"

[Updated] Yes I'm a nerd. One barcode is the reply the other is a link to the QR-Code.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qr-code-response.png
Views:	352
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	61453   Click image for larger version

Name:	qrcode.kaywa.png
Views:	343
Size:	393 Bytes
ID:	61454  
Old 12-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Tchami
Tchami doesn't litterTchami doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Hey,

Thanks for the mention. I'm the developer of said app, so if there's anything you or anyone else would like added let me know.
Tchami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Thanks Tchami for a great app! Karma to you.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
LaFlamme
LaFlamme began at the beginning.

QR

Very cool. I use a QR code on flyers if I leave them around colleges, bookstores, malls, etc. I figure techno geeks might be compelled to give my code a scan even if the contents of the flyer don't immediately grab them. Plus, as somebody mentioned above, it's hard to resist the nerdy stuff.

Last edited by LaFlamme; 01-08-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Forgot to include image.
LaFlamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
is there something like that that could be used in a computer (you know, those old, bulky tihngs) through firefox and/or chrome?
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #8
Tchami

I haven't personally used it, but someone shamelessly stole our very original name and created a Chrome extension called Send to Kindle https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lfbommidgmalan
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard

@Tchami I have an app request. Its would be great if this app or another app would be able to for you to send the mdp files in the kindle directory up into a dropbox/sugar sync/evernote account. And also auto download/sync the mdp files. This would allow any android device to sync non amazon purchased books across android devices.

=X=
Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Tchami

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
@Tchami I have an app request. Its would be great if this app or another app would be able to for you to send the mdp files in the kindle directory up into a dropbox/sugar sync/evernote account. And also auto download/sync the mdp files. This would allow any android device to sync non amazon purchased books across android devices.

=X=
That's a neat idea, but I'm not sure it's really within the context of this app. When you say "kindle directory", I assume you mean the kindle directory on your android device and not on your actual kindle, right?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #11
=X=
Wizard

Yes your right a kindle sync app is more appropriate.

Yes that is what I mean. Being able to upload and download the mdp files from and to the the /sdcard/kindle directory.

I guess what I was thinking for the Kindle is to write a cron script job that uploaded/downloaded the files at a certain interval.

=X=