Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
HANLIN 2.02 offical firmware

http://www.mobread.com/software/upda...2-20090407.rar.

I am not sure someone already post it.

If it is re-post mod please delete.

Last edited by alxwang; 04-23-2009 at 11:02 PM.
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
lemon lime
Enthusiast
lemon lime began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook, iPod touch
The link doesn't work for me. I just sends me to a store's page in Chinese.

Digging around the site, though, it seems like the store's got the new 5" Hanlin (available in May?), and it's called the V5. It looks like a scaled down V3 with the left page buttons closer to the top rather than the bottom.

V5
lemon lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:51 AM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
That link did not work for me either.

FWIW, the Jinke site does not have any Hanlin updates for April, that I could find.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Right click on the link above in post 1 and save target as and it should download for you. I did for me.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I downloaded it copyng and pasting the url in a new window.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
lemon lime
Enthusiast
lemon lime began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook, iPod touch
I finally got it, thanks! For some reason, though, the first few times I tried to save the link, Firefox wanted to save it as 403.html. I kept trying until it saved as the rar file. It seems very random -- now I can left click on it and it will sometimes give me a download. Copying the url into another window/tab seems to work consistently.
lemon lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxwang View Post
http://www.mobread.com/software/upda...2-20090407.rar.

I am not sure someone already post it.

If it is re-post mod please delete.
I don't think an official firmware should be posted on MobileRead. That's most likely a violation of terms of either mR or Hanlin or both.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't think an official firmware should be posted on MobileRead. That's most likely a violation of terms of either mR or Hanlin or both.
It is not downloading from mobileread.com. It is downloading from mobread.com that is a Chinese page.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
It is not downloading from mobileread.com. It is downloading from mobread.com that is a Chinese page.
Darn! I misread the link. I do apologize.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
I've mirrored it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/22521504...2-20090407.rar

If anyone is struggling to download it.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
Cool. It was slow to download from org. site. Tks wattea.
Change:
1.Support change font in MOBI READER
2.Enhance HTML,TXT,PDB phaser
3.Improve the PDF render
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I have noticed so far. (I use mobi files mainly)
page turns faster.
Page is better formated
With pdfs the page turns are also much faster and the formating it better.
(Normally format my PDFs with word 07 to fit the reader then I publish it in PDF format)
Before I did not have the page bar with the battery indicator at the bottom of the screen when viewing pdfs but now I do.

Chuck
Old 04-26-2009, 05:30 AM   #13
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
If this is 2.02 then it's not all that new and has been available on the Official Jinke/Hanlin site for some time now.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
cvkemp
Loving life

The one that I downloaded from the link in the first thread is a newer version. 2.209407 which is even newer that the bebook version of the software which is 2.209216.
My Ezreader changes pages much faster and the formating of the books is much improved.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:48 AM   #15
ali_sade
Enthusiast
ali_sade began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC, Hanlin V3
The epub parsers used to crash in the older versions when the size of the epub was large, this is corrected here. Also PDF parses is much faster!
ali_sade is offline   Reply With Quote