Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #3436
Zat
Enthusiast
Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
As HarperCollins are now eligible for promo codes I thought I'd have a look at some Ngaio Marsh, then tried Cathy Kelly. Both are HarperCollins, but neither show the spot for promo code to be put in. I'm in Australia. Would someone please be kind enough to try the two below, to see if it is just me or Australia having a problem with these?

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...ng-home-murder
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...ime-homecoming
Finland here, and yes, both of those accept the promo code.
Zat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:25 AM   #3437
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat View Post
Finland here, and yes, both of those accept the promo code.
Thanks for checking them. Roll on the day when geographical restrictions disappear.
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #3438
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchkitten View Post
It looks like all of the Big Six (or is it Big Five now that Penguin and Random House are one?) accept Kobo coupons now. They're working for Simon & Schuster and Hachette as well.
I've been waiting on S&S to become eligible; they publish one of my favorite UF series.

Anyone else think this is a big push to get some sales in before Amazon's MatchBook launches next month? (I swear - kindle, matchbook...this HAS to be intentionally ironic naming, right?)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #3439
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
Thanks for checking them. Roll on the day when geographical restrictions disappear.
Right there with ya. I mean, I found a way around it, but it should be easier to buy the original British texts of the Harry Potter books in the States. (I figure if I'm gonna repurchase 'em as ebooks, I might as well get the real text!)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #3440
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Great news about the promo code changes in the US, a whole lot of Hachette and US-only editions have now moved to the top of my wishlist.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #3441
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
My golly gosh you've gotta love these Bargainmoose coupon codes don't you

So there's 2 x 50% off codes:

Sept50

B2S50

And both expire 30 September.

And from what the previous posters have said - they're re-usable.

Woohoo!!!

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 09-14-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #3442
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Great news about the promo code changes in the US, a whole lot of Hachette and US-only editions have now moved to the top of my wishlist.
I imagine a whole lot of Canadians are using US addresses now--especially addresses in states for which Kobo does not collect taxes. The currency exchange thing is more than covered by the lack of taxes if you reside in a higher taxing location in Canada.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #3443
shunter
shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I imagine a whole lot of Canadians are using US addresses now--especially addresses in states for which Kobo does not collect taxes. The currency exchange thing is more than covered by the lack of taxes if you reside in a higher taxing location in Canada.
Hello:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I setup a kobo American account from Canada and which US states do I register with not to get hit with taxes?

Best,
SH
shunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #3444
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
My golly gosh you've gotta love these Bargainmoose coupon codes don't you

So there's 2 x 50% off codes:

Sept50

B2S50

And both expire 30 September.

And from what the previous posters have said - they're re-usable.

Woohoo!!!
The B2S50 is multiple use? I only tried it once and hadn't seen anyone say that it was multiple use.

MacMillan is coupon able now? I think Tor falls under them... if so, I have a large stack of Tor books on my wishlist.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #3445
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but how do I setup a kobo American account from Canada and which US states do I register with not to get hit with taxes?
Just create an account as normal, but enter your US address. It is not actually necessary to open a seperate account though, you can just change the address in your existing account. When logged in, the website will show books and prices that reflect the address for your account.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #3446
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The B2S50 is multiple use? I only tried it once and hadn't seen anyone say that it was multiple use.

MacMillan is coupon able now? I think Tor falls under them... if so, I have a large stack of Tor books on my wishlist.
No that one is one time only. Yes all Agency books are now couponable! I think that's why Kobo gave us such a big coupon to go wild hog on!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #3447
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:

The Sept50 one is the one that's multiple use.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #3448
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
The Sept50 one is the one that's multiple use.
I knew that one was, but the poster I quoted said that both were. Yes, Tor is now couponable... I'm in trouble.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #3449
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
I knew that one was, but the poster I quoted said that both were. Yes, Tor is now couponable... I'm in trouble.
Sorry, missed that part.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #3450
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
This is exciting--and dangerous! There are so many books on my Kobo wishlist that weren't couponable before, and it's so easy to rationalize buying them with a 50% off coupon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No that one is one time only. Yes all Agency books are now couponable! I think that's why Kobo gave us such a big coupon to go wild hog on!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals