Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
corruptz0r
corruptz0r began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Possibly bricked PRS-505..

So I bought this about 5 months ago and never really used it, but I've had time recently so I got it out of the drawer I was storing it in and tried to start it up.

...Nothing. No post.

Figuring this might be a battery issue, I plugged in the device via USB, and the red light to the left of the "power" switch is lit. Sony eBook Library doesn't see it. I've been charging it for a while now, and when I unplug it to test it, I still get nothing posting or any sign for that matter of it staring up.

There have been NO firmware upgrades made to this device, it is all factory and maybe used a total of 20 minutes.

, and thanks in advance.
corruptz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Try letting it charge overnight. The red light should go off when the unit is fully charged. Also, you could try charging via AC--psp chargers work with the Reader and can be picked up fairly inexpensively.

Hope you can get it working again!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #3
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Try resetting it by pushing the button in the back. If the battery is completely dead your pc might not be able to charge by itself for some reason, try a psp charger or something like that.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:19 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Please note that you need to toggle the power switch after resetting.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
It happened to me when I left my reader alone for a week while I read 2 paperback novels; I did not have to reset, all I did was plug it for a few hours with a psp plug.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert