Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #586
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Penguin - no great loss

for Kindle ebooks
I have to disagree. The Kindle books going away in favor of Penguin would be so much better for Overdrive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #587
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Well, another one of my libraries lit up the "coming soon" bit. Of the five libraries I use most often, two are coming soon, two have already converted, and one shows no indication of converting yet.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #588
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to disagree. The Kindle books going away in favor of Penguin would be so much better for Overdrive.
I'd rather think of what benefits the tax payIng users, not what benefits the vendor.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #589
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I'd rather think of what benefits the tax payIng users, not what benefits the vendor.
As a tax payer, Penguin eBooks benefit me more then Kindle eBooks.

Now if Amazon was to give Overdrive all the eBooks and the DRM server, then it would be Overdrive serving all the eBooks instead of Amazon.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #590
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
As a tax payer, Penguin eBooks benefit me more then Kindle eBooks.
These overlap. They are not mutually exclusive.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #591
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
These overlap. They are not mutually exclusive.
If Amazon and Overdrive was to follow my suggestion, then Penguin would have no cause to stay pulled out.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:14 AM   #592
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
If Amazon and Overdrive was to follow my suggestion, then Penguin would have no cause to stay pulled out.
They'd find another excuse to do so
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #593
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They'd find another excuse to do so
Yep agreed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #594
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yep agreed.
So let's try it and see what happens.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #595
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I noticed today that when adding a book to your wishlist that an annoying popup flashes on the screen telling you it's been done. Seems redundant when the icon ribbon changes color. I don't like this new popup feature.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #596
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Is there a way with the "new" system to filter your wish list by available now? I seem to have a large wish list and absolutely hate the clicking I have to go through to see if it is available now or not. I don't even remember if it existed on the old system since I usually had only one or two on the wish list. Now with so many people on the hold list for the same book, my hold list reaches its limit faster. So I now have way more books on my wish list.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #597
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I noticed today that when adding a book to your wishlist that an annoying popup flashes on the screen telling you it's been done. Seems redundant when the icon ribbon changes color. I don't like this new popup feature.
It's been there since the new change. I'm not sure why it is needed either.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #598
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I like the red ribbon for the wish list. It lets me know the title is already in my wish list when I'm just browsing (with multiple libraries, I don't always remember what I've wished for ). It shows me if it's available for checkout, but no info on how many are waiting if it's a hold title (which I would have included if I'd been the designer).

I still have one library that hasn't made the switch, but the dumb banner is back so I'm resigned to my fate.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #599
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I like the red ribbon for the wish list. It lets me know the title is already in my wish list when I'm just browsing (with multiple libraries, I don't always remember what I've wished for ). It shows me if it's available for checkout, but no info on how many are waiting if it's a hold title (which I would have included if I'd been the designer).

I still have one library that hasn't made the switch, but the dumb banner is back so I'm resigned to my fate.
It be great if it showed you have hold on a title. I have many times try to put a hold on a book that was already on my hold list.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #600
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Is there a way with the "new" system to filter your wish list by available now?
There is no filter, but you can tell if an item is available by looking at the upper right hand corner. If the little book icon is gray, the book is not available. If it is black, it is available.

In the image below, the book on the left is not available to borrow, but the book on the right is available.

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote