Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Calibre has stopped detecting Cybook

All of a sudden, my Cybook is not detected anymore. I have tried reinstalling Calibre, deleteing it and reinstalling, installing the 0.6 beta, but to no avail.
Can somebody help me in pointing out a place where I can find some help ?
Maybe somebody had the same problem in the recent past ....
As help, I have changed my motherboard and rebuilt Windows XP for the new motherboard. Could that be the culprit ? But then, why also an apparently clean installation does not help ?
Thanks in advance for everything.

Bruno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run

calibre-debug -d

with the device connected and post the output
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Run

calibre-debug -d

with the device connected and post the output
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP [Versione 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

F:\Programmi\calibre>calibre-debug -d
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\utils\config.pyo", line 499, in refresh
SystemError: ('unable to find to find enum: SortOrder', <built-in function _unpi
ckle_enum>, ('PyQt4.QtCore', 'SortOrder', 1))
USB devices on system: [u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid3a36&rev0000', u'usb\\root_hu
b&vid8086&pid3a39&rev0000', u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid3a35&rev0000', u'usb\\roo
t_hub&vid8086&pid3a38&rev0000', u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid3a34&rev0000', u'usb\
\root_hub&vid8086&pid3a37&rev0000', u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3a3a&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3a3c&rev0000', u'usb\\vid_059f&pid_0651&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_0bda&pid_0703&rev_0132', u'usb\\vid_0e8f&pid_0003&rev_0107', u'usb\\v
id_1532&pid_0009&rev_2100', u'usb\\vid_1532&pid_0009&rev_2100&mi_00', u'usb\\vid
_1532&pid_0009&rev_2100&mi_01']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "debug.py", line 179, in <module>
File "debug.py", line 161, in main
File "debug.py", line 95, in debug_device_driver
File "wmi.pyo", line 169, in <module>
File "win32com\client\__init__.pyo", line 73, in GetObject
File "win32com\client\__init__.pyo", line 88, in Moniker
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147217407, 'OLE error 0x80041001', None, None)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems there is something fishy. Thanks in advance.
Bruno
Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah that error indicates something is wrong with your windows environment. Unfortunately, I'm not really a windows guru, so I can't tell you more than that
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah that error indicates something is wrong with your windows environment. Unfortunately, I'm not really a windows guru, so I can't tell you more than that
Thanks, for the time being. I'll try reinstalling python as well, hope it helps.
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Have you scanned for viruses? I had the same problem a few weeks ago (sony 505 instead of cybook) and it turned out to be a virus: win32 heur. Totally trashed my windows. Have my pc back from doctor now and all is well. I so missed having my calibre during that time. : )

Good luck!!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote