Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Best SD card?

I've been having trouble with sending books from Calibre to my ereader and someone else on the forum suggested this might be because of the card. I've been shopping at the Source and they're having a great sale right now.

One is the NEXXTECH class 4 32GB micro SD card, the other is SANDISK class 10 32GB micro SD.

I know that the higher the class the faster it will transfer but for a ereader is the 10 really necessary or is the 4 fine?

Both are the same price.

Thanks
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
if they are the same price, go with the sandisk, regardless of the speed. i have had compatibility/reliability issues with cheaper brands, but ive never had an issue with a sandisk card.
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I personally always use Samsung Class 10 cards they are usually more expensive but their shock, water, dust, static proof and very fast. It's probably overkill for an ereader though
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Unfortunately they only had the NEXXTECH but it's working fine and overcame the problem of the incredibly slow transfer of books.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote