Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #196
PiersS
Enthusiast
PiersS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Austen, it's a shame, I've read 3 or 4 of them already, but maybe just pageturn through the ones I've already read.. I wonder if they impose a time limit minimum, so that people don't just take 10-15 minutes to tap their screen 500 times for an award..

Classic Attack: This is the list I'm going with.. (just Pride and Prejudice to go)
PiersS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #197
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Just to clarify, the following list is pretty much the definitive list of awards available (though it's missing one Vox-specific award). Note that all the awards listed at the end under 'Other' are currently only available on the iOS app:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more. You didn't see me mate, I wasn't here

Below is, as far as I'm aware, the complete list of awards that can be achieved for each platform. Some are easy to obtain, others are not so easy.
Some of these are hidden awards, so they won't appear in the awards list until you have acheived them.

Obviously I've not included how to get them all, that would be cheating

iOS
Welcome to Reading Life
BookLover
Facebook
I <heart> My Library
Once Upon a Time
Not an Open Book
Scout Leader
Free Loader
Deep Thinker
Inverted Comma
Night Rider
Word Up!
Classic Attack
Fanatic
Papillon
Total Recall
News Hound Award
Magazine Junkie Award
Extra! Extra!
Gimme Zines!
Keener
Hot off the Press
The Twain Award
Juggernaut
Page Turner
Afternoon Rush Hour
Happy Hour
Primetime
Better in Bed
Witching Hour
Graveyard Shift
Breakfast of Champions
Kill the Commute
Sleeping In
I Eat Books for Lunch
Playing Hooky
Milk and Cookies
Holiday Cheer
Out with the Old
The New You
Magic Kobo eReader
LOLz
Instapaper
Pressed for Details
To a Million and Beyond!
The Game’s Afoot
Lost in Austen
Off the Wall
Quoth the Maven
All You Can Eat
Sun, Sea, Sand, Kobo
Spirit of Portland
Time Lord
Highly Decorated
Fully Loaded
Sneaky Reads

Kobo Touch
Welcome to Reading Life
BookLover
Facebook
I <heart> My Library
Once Upon a Time
Not an Open Book
Scout Leader
Inverted Comma
Night Rider
Word Up!
Papillon
Juggernaut
Page Turner
Afternoon Rush Hour
Happy Hour
Primetime
Better in Bed
Witching Hour
Graveyard Shift
Breakfast of Champions
Kill the Commute
Sleeping In
I Eat Books for Lunch
Playing Hooky
Pressed for Details
All You Can Eat
Highly Decorated

Android
Welcome to Reading Life
Facebook
I <heart> My Library
Once Upon a Time
Not an Open Book
Scout Leader
Free Loader
Deep Thinker
Inverted Comma
Night Rider
Fanatic
Papillon
Total Recall
The Twain Award
Juggernaut
Page Turner
Afternoon Rush Hour
Happy Hour
Primetime
Better in Bed
Witching Hour
Graveyard Shift
Eat It (NB: different name from other platforms)
Kill the Commute
Sleeping In
I Eat Books for Lunch
Playing Hooky
LOLz
Off the Wall
Quoth the Maven
All You Can Eat
Fully Loaded

Note: I think that the Android awards will also apply to the Kobo Vox

Other
Bon Temps
Fangtasia
Hotel Carmilla
Dead Reckoning
Queen Bee
Secret Keeper
Scandal Sheet
Twisted
Blinged Out
Total Closer
Just The Highlights
Potent Quotables

Note: These are awards not tied to a specific platform. I can say for certain they are acehviable on iOS.
… and here's the list of books required for the Classic Attack award (iOS-only): Hope this helps .
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #198
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
realised what my problem is with the fully loaded award. When i load pdf books that i have already on my laptop, they don't register on the iphone app under the "docs" tab of my library.

Can anyone suggest a place where i can find some epubs of books that DO work? Preferably ones that are tried and tested, ie. ones that do turn up in the "docs" section of the app.

Thanks!

Am also retrying to earn the classic award.. compeltely deleted all the books on my iphone app, and reloaded the classics. shall reread them, so here's hoping. (will be a bit annoyed if i reread them and nothing happens!) fingers crossed
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #199
mags75
mags75 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
i have a kobo touch and put most of my books on with Calibre. i had to load the free books from the kobo app on my KT to get the fully loaded award. its possible the iphone works differently???
mags75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #200
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mags75 View Post
i have a kobo touch and put most of my books on with Calibre. i had to load the free books from the kobo app on my KT to get the fully loaded award. its possible the iphone works differently???
You actually got the "Fully Loaded" award for the Kobo Touch?
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #201
PiersS
Enthusiast

I had 30-40 books downloaded from Project Gutenberg and http://www.epubbooks.com/ and that worked for the Vox..
Old 02-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #202
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiersS View Post
I had 30-40 books downloaded from Project Gutenberg and http://www.epubbooks.com/ and that worked for the Vox..
That sounds more like "All you can eat" than "Fully Loaded"..
Old 02-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #203
PiersS
Enthusiast

hmm.. my Fully Loaded tells me "Adding outside reads is an awesome way to fill out your library." meaning ebooks not from kobo I reckon.. it probably did All you can Eat as well, don't know the number you need to hit for it tho
Old 02-23-2012, 03:31 AM   #204
mags75
mags75 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
You actually got the "Fully Loaded" award for the Kobo Touch?
actually no... i didn't have my kt with me when i wrote that post and was thinking of i love my library... sorry for the confusion
mags75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #205
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
On iOS, and I'd presume KT follows the same rules:

Fully Loaded - User side loads epub / pdf to the applications

All You Can Eat - Have ≥ 20 books (not side loaded, or bundled books) in your Library. 20 Free books would get you the award, as would purchased books, not sure about previews though.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #206
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Quote:
so you just downloaded books from those two sites onto your laptop, and sideloaded onto your iphone/vox?

didn't realise that fully loaded was available on the readers.. maybe its possible on vox but not on KT.

will try that this weekend! And thanks for two new sources of books!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #207
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaJay View Post

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the 'One Millionth Award' is?

This award was presented shortly after we had handed out 1 million reading life awards.

Quote:
haven't seen Sharkus in a while here
I'm still here, was away on vacation for a short while. Nice to be missed

On the subject of new awards...
nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more ;-)
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #208
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
This award was presented shortly after we had handed out 1 million reading life awards.
Anyone know who got that award and when?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #209
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Woo, finally managed to get the Fully loaded on iphone (it doesnt work on the KT).. thanks for the links to websites.. i'm guessings the pdfs and ebooks i was trying it with were just the wrong type!

However, classic attack still eludes me. Have tried wiping off all the books in my iphone and KT library, and reloading books and rereading them, but no change. Any suggestions?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #210
PiersS
Enthusiast

Quote:
On the subject of new awards...
nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more ;-)

no, say more!

Tags
awards, reading life, touch