Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Font
Connoisseur
Font began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does the browser allow posting here?

Could the web browser on the unit allow visiting and positing here on this forum?
Font is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, it does.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
tarke9891
Enthusiast
tarke9891 doesn't littertarke9891 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G
I know i have done it.
tarke9891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Yes you can but it's a shame mobileread isn't a mobile site.

It is just about readable for me on my Kindle in a landscape setting. If it was a mobile site I'd be able to read and post much easier.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Yes you can but it's a shame mobileread isn't a mobile site.

It is just about readable for me on my Kindle in a landscape setting. If it was a mobile site I'd be able to read and post much easier.
Forgive the somewhat obvious question, but if that's the case, why not use the mobile version of the site?

http://www.mobileread.mobi
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Forgive the somewhat obvious question, but if that's the case, why not use the mobile version of the site?

HarryT.......for the less knowledgeable, could you post instructions on how to do this?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #7
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:

Thank you I didn't even know that existed!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Simply go to "www.mobileread.mobi" rather than "www.mobileread.com". Same old MobileRead but with a much simpler interface optimized for mobile devices. Try it!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Simply go to "www.mobileread.mobi" rather than "www.mobileread.com". Same old MobileRead but with a much simpler interface optimized for mobile devices. Try it!
I'm there, I'm on the login site, and the curser is clicking in the box, but it isn't accepting any letters....

Enlarging it to 150% makes for a good reading experience
Old 09-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #10
Chris Edwards
Chris Edwards began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2021
I've had trouble logging in from the mobile site as well -- login form won't take any character input. The desktop version of the site works fine. I'm running 3.0.1.
Chris Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Anyone else tried logging in on the k3?

Post your results please!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I could click into the box to login, but I could not type in the box so I could not login and post. The boards were readable though. This was through to www.mobileread.mobi and not the regular site.

Last edited by Dwayne_Matheson; 09-25-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added site info
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Have sent a message to Kindle support...will see what they say.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #14
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
I have found a number of "mobile" sites load up great, but do not allow you to enter scripts in box. Hopefully Amazon will fix this soon!
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:11 AM   #15
TheKindleWorm
Guru

I'm on the 3.0.2 firmware and I can't log in via the Kindle - there are other websites which I cannot log in to either.

Tags
surfing