Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #16
Nikko73
Enthusiast
Nikko73 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura One (after Hanlin, Sony and other Kobo devices)
@cbell

You are a genius. Thank you. That was indeed the problem. It now works fine (except that it dosn't reflow).

Cheers,

Nick
Nikko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #17
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
You're very welcome, Nikko. Glad to be helpful

Reflow-ability is set when the ebook is created.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #18
avysk
avysk began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
fb2 support is mighty broken in 2.20

When I try to open some[1] fb2 files, the device either goes to reset or just returns to the filelist menu after some time. I'm very sure[2] that the files are not corrupted so it must be the firmware.

[1] Actually, all of those I've tried, but I didn't try many. I should admit that the files I've tried are quite big, let's say 1Mb+ but so what?

[2] I can reflash previous firmware and read the same files happily.
avysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #19
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
The spanish site and mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siorghlas View Post
I cannot download the firmware from Jinke, and this is a recurrent problem for me. Luckily I have found a mirror here: http://cli.gs/TM73Y

The interesting new feature: ADE (PDF) with 9 zoom levels. Not as good as it could be, but better nevertheless. I'd like a Reflow on/off switch.

I've read some info on a Spanish forum that rtf display is (at least partially) broken.
The mirror belongs to the Spanish site that happens to be my blog:
"Mi reader Papyre 6.1 para libros electrónicos" and I'll be very happy if you visit it.
It is in Spanish but it has a translation to English in the menu.
I'm opening a new thread in this forum that perhaps you may find interesting.
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siorghlas View Post
There's something bad in this last firmware: the associated parser for RTF and TXT, instead of being FB2, is the TXT one (much more rustic: ugly “system” font, just 3 Zoom levels, etc.). So for heavy TXT/RTF readers this is a backward step (contrary to PDF/ePUB).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe
You are correct that LBook offers FB2 as a choice for reading but Jinke does not. It is important to be correct in who offers what or readers can become very confused.

Dale
Very sad. I used 1.27 LBook firmware for over a year until I decided to upgrade so I can read a few PDFs... and now I can't stand the .txt or the .rtf files I have. And I have a lot of them.

Is there any (more or less) official firmware, which includes both PDF reflow and nice, fb2-like .txt and .rtf files?
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:32 AM   #21
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Very sad. I used 1.27 LBook firmware for over a year until I decided to upgrade so I can read a few PDFs... and now I can't stand the .txt or the .rtf files I have. And I have a lot of them.

Is there any (more or less) official firmware, which includes both PDF reflow and nice, fb2-like .txt and .rtf files?
Try Tirwal's triple boot firmware you can change the reader without flashing so you can use fbreader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 AM   #22
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll give it a shot
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #23
LCF
Wizard

Well, I tried the Tirwal... And I'm fascinated. Sooo many options, so much to play with.
The initial install used FB2 parser for .txt/.rtf and had pdf reflow just like the Jinke update. I haven't tried the others jet.
Both thumbs up for Tirwal & co.!